Anyone else "taking a break" today?

Options
2»

Replies

• JLeeAlton
    Options
    Ate some good food today but did not over eat. Unfortunately I have no idea how many calories I had since I didn't prepare the meal.. but I think I did really well. Didn't even eat sweats or desert. =). I am proud!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    well, i ate... a lot. ha ha. my body wasn't use to all the food i was trying consume and i couldn't even finish my first plate! ha ha. i went for a mile walk afterwords and i felt less bloated. i didnt even try and attempt to count calories today. tomorrow is another daaayyyy!!!!!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot. Actually it seemed like a ton. I guesstimated my cals pretty good, after the fact, and came up with about 550 cals over maintenance number (which, currently I'm shooting for maintenance). So about 2600 cals total. It's sort of incredible that I can feel like I ate so much all day (including pie with ice cream and whipped cream!) and be at 2600 - when in the past I could eat much less, or what feels like much less, and be like 3500 for the day! :) I'm not worried about 1 day over so much and leftovers - I know i can handle those in moderation! :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    4K calories? How the hell do you manage to eat over a lb? I don't think I could eat that much if I tried. Now I'm kind of tempted to see if I could.

I don't think it goes the reverse way - 1 lb of fat to burn is 3500 cals, but 3500 cals is not necessarily a lb of food! I bet people can easily eat a lb of food though. And we're talking the course of a day. That's like 2 hamburgers or 2 big baked potatoes? A 1/2 lb steak with a baked potato and coke is probably at least a lb. A Big Mac, fries, and milkshake is over 2000 calories right there. No idea how much it weighs though.

Plus, eating 4k cals is not the same as gaining a lb. EVERY single cal would have to go directly to fat. One big day has so little effect.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    yeah been doing great for 11 weeks, today well not so good :(
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    i took a break today
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    4K calories? How the hell do you manage to eat over a lb? I don't think I could eat that much if I tried. Now I'm kind of tempted to see if I could.

A LOT of fruit, veggies, nuts, turkey, mashed potatoes, and some rolls, cranberry jelly, corn, pie, whipped cream, dip, pretzels, chips, and sparkling cider. Like I said, my diary is public if anyone wants to see it. I have no secrets to hide. And it was all delicious!

Tomorrow I will enjoy an everything sandwich on fresh, homemade Hawaiian bread-- turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, and cranberry jelly, yum!

Needless to say I am definitely looking forward to hitting gym on Monday. Just hope my little monkey (2yo DD), is healthy enough to go to the day care there.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Hiya guys...this may seem a little strange...but I have no idea what thanksgiving is all about??

Where did it come from? I'm from the UK so please excuse my ignorance...

:flowerforyou:

Short answer: Our ancestors ran away from home (England) LOL.

We were escaping religious persecution, and conveniently an entire new world had recently been discovered. Plenty of big wigs in Europe wanted to rule it and gain resources and cash from it, so they funded the escape. Unfortunately, the new land was harsh, unfamiliar, and unforgiving. Many souls died from a tyrannical winter. Native Americans helped save the pilgrim's lives. The pilgrims gathered together to give thanks for the Native Americans helping them survive and teaching them how to rule this new land. But eventually, like all brothers and sisters, it got ugly, we got greedy, and now the white man eats turkey & watches football.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I pigged out and didn't exercise and felt so full I thought I'd explode. Oh the indulgence of it all! Now it's back to work!

Shannon
  • markciagne
    Options
    I didn't track my claories, but I did work out before the big feast. I ate more than usual, but I didn't overboard either. I was happily satisfied.
  • vsangel87
    vsangel87 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Omg...after reading everyone else's reply i literally feel like such a loser now. lol Why did i mess up my dieting yesterday?? Ugh...i had two helpings of turkey, stuffing, green beans, and red potatoes...then i had 3 slices of pumpkin pie with whipped cream! :( I don't even wanna think about how many calories that was. I'm literally tearing up now....oh well, today i'll work my *kitten* off and eat as little as i can. I feel like such a fat monster.
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    I think you were fine until you said 3 slices of pie. Hubba-wha?! LOL

Though I'm not one to talk ;)