Favorite Weight Loss Tips?

Options
I have had a tough summer with staying on track (too many family get togethers and parties with yummy-bad food), but I'm starting again. . .and would like your favorite tips for staying on track with a low calorie / healthy diet. Here are mine:

1. Keep hearty, roasted vegetables on hand to snack on (roasted cauliflower, zucchini, brussel sprouts, etc). Hot veggies feel more filling than cold veggies.

2. Drink 8 cups of water per day. I really like the time-marked Hydr-8 water bottle for keeping me on track (and, it's cheap). http://hydr-8.com . I like to make sure that my 8 cups are in addition to the water I drink working out or with meals. Water helps so much so I don't feel as hungry and my metabolism stays high.

3. Pickles. I don't know what it is, but dill pickles taste a little like cheat food to me . . . but have zero calories. My favorite are Claussen (sp?) pickles that you have to buy from the refrigerated section at the store. Yum.

4. Plan your meals in advance & pack your lunches. If you make the decision for what you will eat at the time you are going to eat it, you are hungry . . . and less likely to make the right decisions.

5. Identify your weak times of the day and make yourself really busy . . . find a lot of errands to run or tasks to do at work so that you don't have idle time to think about eating.

6. Exercise in the morning. (Like . . . early). I like 5:45am. If you do it every day, it becomes a habit and much less painful. The morning is best for me because I never have conflicts. Never a dentist appointment or kids soccer game that give me an excuse not to go. Just let your feet hit the floor and drag yourself out of bed. Once you're up and going, you have started your day with one right decision.

7. Group Fitness - going to a class gives you accountability. You develop a group of friends who notice when you don't come and keep you honest.

I would love to hear all of your tips and secrets!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    stay in a reasonable calorie deficit
    be patient
    don't give up the foods I love and want just eat them in goal
    get a food scale
    log accurately and consistently
    eat as much as I can and still lose the weight I want.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not a punishment so have fun with it.

Stay committed or else the weight will never come off.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Never stop working to be a better you- fitter -stronger - There is no finish line just mini goals along the journey.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Be consistent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • one985
    one985 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What works for me probably won't work for you.

1. Consuming between 1100-1700 calories. Other than keeping a low sugar and sodium intake, I do not follow a strict/specific diet unless advised by a doctor for health reasons.

2. Exercising 30 minutes to two hours on a daily basis. Cardio and weight training.

3. Fasting with an 8-9-hour window.

4. Exceeding the calories limit once in awhile. (Without exercising)

5. Don't pressure myself to lose weight at a fast rate. I am losing weight slowly and I'm fine with that.