Irregular Internet Access?

Options
I have NO idea about calories on my own and honestly, I feel like I am completely uneducated about portion size and how to keep my eating to a reasonable amount....
This webpage is PERFECT for someone like me, except, that I don't have regular access to the internet?
Has anyone else been able to use this tool to lose weight, without being able to log in every day? How did you manage it/stay on track?

All the success stories I have read on here so far have been extremely exciting and interesting! Thanks!

Replies

• FaithfulJewel
    FaithfulJewel Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    There are a few ballpark serving sizes that are handy if you don't know the exact calories of things; 80g per serving of fruit/veg (fresh, raw), 100g per serving of protein (raw), 75g of dried carbohydrates (uncooked pasta/rice) and 30g cheese/250ml milk. That's what's recommended by the UK health organisations, anyway.

Obviously it depends on what your goals are (trying to eat healthier and smaller portions, or counting calories, or a combination).

Maybe it's an idea to have an hour or so looking through the database on here? Look up your commonly eaten foods, note down how much they are - or just look at the labels, if you're buying labelled things! It's remarkable how much less you eat when you follow the recommended serving sizes for starchy foods/dairy and bulk up the rest of your meals with fruits/veggies (protein isn't really a problem to go over on serving size either, as long as it's a relatively decent source of protein in the first place ((chicken breast rather than a hamburger)) but bulking up with veggies is often considered preferable unless you're trying to hit specific macros).

After you've been counting calories for a while, you start to be able to guess calorie amounts based on weights or servings. Like a slice of bread is approximately 100kcal, and 80g of frozen peas are around 70kcal and such.

Best of luck on your journey :D the forums are really helpful for motivation and support; I hope you enjoy it here :)