upper thighs...

jmo325
jmo325 Posts: 57
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Ladies, this is more for you. Does anyone know any good exercises to get rid/ tone the part of your thighs that meet your body? I feel like the rest of my leg is shrinking but not that part!! Suggestions?

Replies

• BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    I have the same exact problem!! I read running helps, or the eliptical
    Also I 'feel' the muscles there more when I bike!
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Thats one of those fortress spots like your midsection. Its the last thing to lose weight from.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    awesome! so i'm going to be large and in charge in the thighs and stomach! those are my worst areas! gawd!
  • Cycling. Lots of it for long periods. Believe me I have a lot in my legs and butt. Thats the short answer.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    like mountain biking or 10 speed highway biking? because i sure do dig rippin' through the river valley on my kona lol
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Running & the thigh abductor :)
  • Plie squats are fantastic for the wobbly part at the top of your thighs and holding a weight while you do them helps also, and its also great for your butt

http://www.lifescript.com/Body/Shape/Fit-tips/Plie_Squat.aspx
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    The first place you put it on will always be the last place you take it off. I've had big hips and thighs since 11th grade...I'm now 39. I guess I still have about 22 years worth of fat to destroy!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Ladies, this is more for you. Does anyone know any good exercises to get rid/ tone the part of your thighs that meet your body? I feel like the rest of my leg is shrinking but not that part!! Suggestions?

Spot fat reducing, wish that were possible, but although it is possible to tone up a specific part of your body, it isn't the case with burning the fat off of one particular area.

All you can do is continue to watch your calorie intake and keep working out.

Running long(ish) distances will help as will very long walks. However, regarding running, if you do sprinting or a lot of short fast bursts of running, that may not have the desired effect you want.

Your body will take the fat off your thighs when it deems it necessary and that could be the last place that it will do so - right at the end of your weightloss, just keep pluggng away and make sure you take measurements of your thighs (around the largest part of them) so that you can see, in black and white, any losses that occur, it will keep you motivated. Measure one at a time and be prepared to see a difference from one to the other, sometimes my right thigh is over half and inch larger than my left :laugh:
  • izobel
    izobel Posts: 116 Member
    Ditto for cycling and lots of it for long periods. I've been a runner for years and love it for calorie burn, but I've been biking just over 12 months and it has really done nice things to my legs. I do 150-200km a week though which of course requires time and good weather. Good luck ... I do think the thighs are like the stomach, very very difficult to get in good shape for some of us!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    You're not the only one, girl. My pants tend to wear there and if I wear certain clothes, my skin actually chafes. Not cool.... I would do inner leg machines or inner leg lifts to continue toning that area. Ultimately, if you continue to lose weight, it will eventually shrink away.

Shannon
This discussion has been closed.