Eating twice a day to lose weight

Options
I'm planning to eat twice a day. Eating breakfast before sunrise and eating dinner after sunset. Will this help me lose weight with adding exercise.

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    :yawn:
  • ljb304
    ljb304 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It's all about calorie restriction, so skipping lunch would help with that, but not if you eat whatever you want during those two meals.

I eat within a 4 hour window which turns out to be a snack and one meal. Been working well for me. You just have to find what works for you.
  • japaneseboy
    japaneseboy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    weight loss is mainly nutrition. log your food.

i eat twice a day because it simplifies my diet. look up intermittent fasting, it is said to have a couple of benefits, though increased weight loss is not one of them.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    no. why starve yourself unnecessarily? its all about how many calories you ate and if you tried to eat as healthy as possible. I eat six times a day and am still losing.
  • Nojoke81
    Nojoke81 Posts: 131
    Options
    Some will, some won't, so what?

Each to their own, I eat in a 5 hour window, between 1pm and 5pm and FAT is coming off fairly steadily. Combined with a caloric deficit and some moderate exercise and you'll be good to go.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Your body has no sense of time. Eat your daily calorie intake, log it and move on.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to eat twice a day. Eating breakfast before sunrise and eating dinner after sunset. Will this help me lose weight with adding exercise.
    Depends on the amount of calories etc. Meal timing and the amount of meals has no bearing on weightloss.

Have a look at the link

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594
  • onionparsleysage
    onionparsleysage Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The Ramadan fast?

I think it could work to only do 2 meals, as long as you don't go nuts at them.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    If you are on 1,500 calories a day, it doesn't matter if you eat all 1,500 calories at 5 am. It doesn't matter if you eat 100 calories 15 times a day. It doesn't matter if you break it into 3 meals, each of 500 calories.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you eat once, twice or eighteen times a day. What's important is that you stay in a calorie deficit throughout the day. Spread out your allotted calories any way you wish, and you will lose weight.
  • ingehooper
    ingehooper Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If thats how you can eat and how you can cope with eating then go ahead. Your body doesnt have a clock to say when you have to eat or when to stop eating. I eat every 4hours or so and a snack before bed to stave off any hunger at night times.
  • jgratton99
    jgratton99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

... Quick question... Are you a vampire? What's wring with eating while the sun's out??:glasses:
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The Ramadan fast?

I think it could work to only do 2 meals, as long as you don't go nuts at them.

I just read an article that showed some Muslims gain weight during ramadan. Mainly because when they could eat they ate a ton.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    What time during the day that you eat, doesn't matter.

It's just calories in versus calories out during the day.

I am not a breakfast eater--I am not hungry at that time of the morning--so I will eat an early lunch.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    sounds unreasonable. why not just eat 3-6 healthy meals a day? including snacks? why deprive your self for hours?
  • fattymcrunnerpants
    fattymcrunnerpants Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not eating MORE during those two meals. I sometimes eat 2x's/ day depending on how filling my meals are. Although I like breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner (depending on how late I've woken up).
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Food doesn't have calories when eaten in the dark. Same thing when eaten directly out of the fridge.
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    No. If you eat the same amount in two meals as you would with 3 or 4 or more...it doesn't make a difference.
  • HMbubblegun
    HMbubblegun Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    why would you think that following arbitrary rules that you have pulled out of thin air would make a difference? Just burn more than you put away. There is no magic formula to speed up the process like eating before sunrise or whilst up a tree or out of a shoebox. Sorry.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Most people who go from eating two meals to three as an effort to lose weight find that they eat more at the other two meals to compensate, and don't wind up losing weight. In fact some studies have shown people who eat breakfast are more likely to lose weight and not regain it.

That being said, I don't feel very good if I eat breakfast, so I don't. But it definitely affects how much I eat at lunch and dinner.