Close to goal.

Options
So over the past 2.5 years I have lost 40kg, and now have only 10 more to go, but even though I run frequently, go to the gym and eat mostly healthy I am struggling to lose the last bit of weight. Does anyone have any tips on staying motivated at this point? Sometimes I feel like I've done enough and can just stay at this "okay" weight, even though I am still a good +5kg overweight.

Replies

• HaibaneReki
    HaibaneReki Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Honestly what really matters is how much You actually want it :wink:

I'm 0.5 kilos from my once unthinkable goal and still I'd like to cut more but wifey won't let me, oh well, almost time to bulk :bigsmile:
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    yes, how much you want it is what matters. just keep it a day by day thing. it gets much harder to lose as you get closer to your goal. I think the smaller I get is the more I tell myself I look good and can quit then my brain kicks in and says no not yet. it is a daily struggle. preplanning and staying active helps me out most days. The other days I just make myself do it even when I don't feel like it. I treat this as my job.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You might want to join this group as it's for people who don't have a lot to lose. I'm a member since I sometimes have difficulty relating to people here who have a lot to lose (and I'm sure that they have difficulty relating to my weight loss).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/59462-little-middles-