Can't quite believe the number on the scale

Options
Losing so much weight is starting to be very surreal. I hit 220 today. I never even dreamed of being in the teens and I'm almost there! I look at the numbers on the scale these days and I'm so happy. But it's kind of like my brain can't really grasp it. Like it needs time to catch up or something. Can anyone relate?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    totally can relate. Wait until you go shopping for clothes, grab XLs or whatever from the clothing rack, and then get so confused when they're too baggy on you. Or you see a picture of yourself next to your mom or something and go "who is that skinny woman sitting next to mom?"
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I've been heavy most of my life it feel surreal when you see lower numbers every week on the scale. You're doing so well! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was so thrilled when i hit 199.9 pounds. Now i am only a pound away from 189 pounds! Its always nice to see that ten's digit decrease :)
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree! I never really had a number target fixed in my head, but down from nearly 200lbs to 136 (this morning)?!!!

And yes, clothes shopping becomes interesting/frustrating in a different way. I've moved from size L to XS, and I still have 15 lbs to go.