Movember

CaptainJim157
CaptainJim157 Posts: 390
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
Hello all!
For the guys out there, is anyone doing Movember? I was going to try, but alas, it takes me about 2-3 weeks for me to grow anything substantially dark enough to see, :P I have redish brown hair, but my eyebrows and facial hair grow in dark brown/almost black, My job coach is growing one for Movember, maybe I shall try in a few years :P (I'm already 20 yrs old) lol
Dunno what the point to this post was, just wondering if other people were doing it and how long it takes them,

BTW,
if anyone wants to add me as a friend, feel free! :D The more the merrier!

Replies

• pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    hey
    my fiance grew a tash for movember - its pretty crazy now haha after neary a month.. looking forward to it goin, but was for a good cause!
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    I couldn't grow a beard till I was 22; sometimes it just takes a while.

There was a thread in here earlier this month about not shaving for November, but the OP seemed to be unaware of the specific Movember thing. I was considering letting my beard grow out and not trimming it, and then said I would, but I'm obsessive over trimming my beard, so it did not work out.

It usually takes me about three or four days to see anything of substance, a week to be of a reasonable beard length, and then in about two or three weeks I can have a pretty gnarly looking growth of hair, it's just that my growth pattern isn't the best for growing a long beard.

My former roommate was so extremely hairy that it took him only three days to have a fuller beard than I could ever hope to grow. But he was also never able to actually be clean-shaven, so I'm glad that I don't have that problem, I guess.
  • Lol! I want to grow one so badly, but by the time 2 weeks goes by, it gets really itchy and I feel like shaving it,
    btw, my facial hair only grows into a goatee, nothing on the side, :S lol
  • So, I decided I want to grow a goatee for the heck of it, even know it'll be almost Christmas time by the time it'll be fully in :P
    (again sorry for the randomness) hehe
  • I started to but shaved after 5 days, facial hair drives me crazy for some reason...i've seen some pretty awesome staches though so far
  • hehe, nice! I like facial hair, just not when it gets itchy on my face, drives me insane! lol
This discussion has been closed.