Destiny (the game, specifically)

Options
lemonsnowdrop
lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
Did anyone play the beta for Destiny? What did you think of it? I'm a little underwhelmed myself. It's pretty okay, in my opinion, but hopefully the full game has more to offer.

Replies

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    My husband played it this weekend. He said he liked it.. I don't know.. I don't like those kinds of games.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options
    Bumping this, I know I'm not the only geek who plays video games here.
  • 2kidsmckinney
    2kidsmckinney Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I played the Alpha and the Beta version and I thought it was pretty good. It seemed a bit repetitive but not going to shoot it down too quick it was just a sample. I have the game pre-ordered and look forward to playing the full version.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options
    I played the Alpha and the Beta version and I thought it was pretty good. It seemed a bit repetitive but not going to shoot it down too quick it was just a sample. I have the game pre-ordered and look forward to playing the full version.

How different was the alpha? I've heard people say it was pretty much the same as the beta. I really just hope they improve the multiplayer Crucible. It was a little disappointing. However, the graphics are eye bleedingly amazing.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

No mam, you are not. :P

Level 16 Warlock, as of yesterday. Hoping to bump my stats a good bit tonight.
  • cmpnaz
    cmpnaz Posts: 190
    Options
    Snowdrop ... I can say I do not play it but my Son did Beta and Picked up the Limited Destiny PS4 , played some with him and he says they made improvements but personally I am waiting for Shadows of Mordor
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options

I'm only level 10 (warlock). I have a son and am a nursing student, so unfortunately I don't get to play as often as I'd like! Gonna watch the husband play that new strike tomorrow. Seems like it's gonna be a challenge.
  • jasonmh630
    Options

I'm only level 10 (warlock). I have a son and am a nursing student, so unfortunately I don't get to play as often as I'd like! Gonna watch the husband play that new strike tomorrow. Seems like it's gonna be a challenge.

I know the Raids started today, but unless you're a level 20 character with a few Light levels on top of that, it's going to be damn near impossible to get through it. The strikes are pretty intense, though. Especially the one on the Moon, in The Summoning Pits. If someone dies, MAKE SURE you go over and revive them if at all possible. Once all three strike team members die, you have to begin all over again. :/
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    Snowdrop ... I can say I do not play it but my Son did Beta and Picked up the Limited Destiny PS4 , played some with him and he says they made improvements but personally I am waiting for Shadows of Mordor

Shadows of Mordor looks REALLY good too.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have Destiny for the Xbox One. so far so good, the multiplayer I think needs a little adjusting. I have Shadows of Mordor preordered :) I'm a level 10( I think) Hunter
  • MasterBroshi
    MasterBroshi Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I wish I still had time to play games like that :( I still need to beat Dragon Age.
  • FiverLagomorph
    FiverLagomorph Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    +1 on being underwhelmed. I played the beta but cancelled my day one order when I found out that six player teams of only your friends are required for Raids and no matchmaking provided. That effectively shuts off the endgame for me since I literally do not have five real-life friends that play Destiny.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    +1 on being underwhelmed. I played the beta but cancelled my day one order when I found out that six player teams of only your friends are required for Raids and no matchmaking provided. That effectively shuts off the endgame for me since I literally do not have five real-life friends that play Destiny.

My boyfriend goes on raids all the time and I don't believe anyone (but me) on his friends list has the game yet. They may have added a matchmaking element to it.
  • cmpnaz
    cmpnaz Posts: 190
    Options

Shadows of Mordor looks REALLY good too.

Got to love a game that has such randomness through its AI that they can never even do a the same live demo twice .... I hope this type of evolving game play becomes more used... I do not play much anymore, handed that torch off to my son, but I do not mind working the thumbs every now and then on the controller.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I am short of a ps4 and do not want to get any more ps3 games.... -.-
  • lemonsnowdrop
    Options
    I'm pretty underwhelmed with the full game itself. Fireteams only allow three members, so if you have more than two online friends someone is getting left out. Also, the plot is stale and boring and there aren't enough places to make it feel like a fully fleshed out game. One area on four planets hardly counts as an epic space adventure. Activision really sunk themselves into a hole with this one
  • FiverLagomorph
    FiverLagomorph Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks, maybe I will take another look.