Heart Rate Monitors

vkpmusic
vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I went searching for HRMs on Amazon. Some of your posts make it sound like you have monitors that strap around your chest and the like but all the ones I saw were watches (and a couple of belts). Are the watches accurate? I need something in a moderate price range (think under $100).

Replies

• Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Mine is a Polar F7. It comes with a watch and a chest strap. I think around $80-$90 on amazon, or at a store. I got mine at a store called Meijer, it's kind of like a Super Wal-Mart.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    I'm not sure about the accuracy if it doesn't have a chest strap ... but I did just see that Best Buy had a Polar FT7 (the one I have) for about $110. It has a chest strap and has been great and easy to use.
  • srs71
    srs71 Posts: 6
    I think you can get the polar watches/chest straps at academy. Super easy to use and I really like knowing my heart rate and calories burned. it keeps me in my zone...
  • I have a Polar FT7 and it has a chest strap. You will not get an accurate reading without one. I just got mine at Amazon
    http://www.amazon.com/Polar-Womens-Heart-Monitor-Watch/dp/B001U0OFDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290733312&sr=8-1

It is awesome! On sale too!!
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    Mine is a Polar F7. It comes with a watch and a chest strap. I think around $80-$90 on amazon, or at a store. I got mine at a store called Meijer, it's kind of like a Super Wal-Mart.

You must live in Michigan.....Meijer is only in Mi I think. I am in Mi too!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    I do! Lol They do have Meijer in a few other states, but I think mostly MI :)
  • pamelasusan
    pamelasusan Posts: 90 Member
    I do! Lol They do have Meijer in a few other states, but I think mostly MI :)

I hate the crowds at Meijer but their prices can't be beat and I like to support Michigan based companies.
This discussion has been closed.