Coffee!

Options
I've heard so many things surrounding caffiene and I just want to ask everyones advice. I work a desk job :yawn: on a regular shift I will drink around 2 cups of coffee and 3 cups of tea, maybe another one when I get home. Is this going to affect my weight loss in any way? Some people say it helps, others say it's bad for you.

Just starting up (properly :laugh: ) so any advice would be grately appreciated!)

Replies

• ErisDyscordia
    ErisDyscordia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Are you loading it up with tons of cream and sugar? If not, they are both almost 0 calories. They won't harm your weight-loss at all.

Some people feel better overall when not reliant on caffeine, but not everyone, obviously.

Caffeine is a mild appetite suppressant, so that is probably why some people say it helps!
  • Laura100AC
    Laura100AC Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you loading it up with tons of cream and sugar? If not, they are both almost 0 calories. They won't harm your weight-loss at all.

Some people feel better overall when not reliant on caffeine, but not everyone, obviously.

Caffeine is a mild appetite suppressant, so that is probably why some people say it helps!

Nope, dash of skimmed milk and 2 sweeteners :glasses:
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    As long as you record the calories for it and whatever you add to it, it's fine!

In addition to being a mild appetite suppressant, it also tends to make people work out harder and longer.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    They won't harm your weight loss even if they were loaded up with cream and sugar as long as they fit in your calories.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee all the time. It hasn't affected my maintenance. It does help between meals sometimes, and it gives me that kick start I need in the morning.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee instead of eating food- all.the.time.

it's fine- drinking with the least amount of stuff is the best option- not because it's healthy or unhealthy- it's just significantly less calories than it's heavily laden half and half counter parts. Log and you're fine.
  • ErisDyscordia
    ErisDyscordia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    They won't harm your weight loss even if they were loaded up with cream and sugar as long as they fit in your calories.

Oh I certainly didn't mean to imply that if she did load it up with cream and sugar it would ruin her weight loss (as long as it fits). Just was pointing out that if she doesn't, then it is not even hardly any calories at all.

Hope I was clear.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

Oh I certainly didn't mean to imply that if she did load it up with cream and sugar it would ruin her weight loss (as long as it fits). Just was pointing out that if she doesn't, then it is not even hardly any calories at all.

Hope I was clear.

I prefer my coffee with lots of sugar and it has to be the real stuff. I just hate to see people think they have to give up things they enjoy. :)
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    In addition to caloric value, caffeine is a stimulant, which has an affect on some of the metabolic functions of the body. Meaning it can increase heart rate and blood pressure. It is also a mild diuretic.

Studies have shown a cup of coffee or tea post-workout help aid recovery. But studies also show that over consumption of caffeine can have a profound affect on sleep and the sleep cycle.

Moderate amounts are considered up to 400mg ( about 4 cups of coffee). HTH!
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I count my creamer that I put in mine and it hasn't hindered anything for me. Plus the warm tea or coffee helps me feel fuller.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVshKCWjom5fR_56qdfFoyijuV8DWGx2R8REqTK1vAJeFni8xN

No way on God's green earth would I give up my coffee.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I would never give up coffee :) and it hasn't hindered my weight loss at all...