Fitbit

Options
Does anyone wear a Fitbit? I've owned mine for over a year and I'm finally going to wear it daily. I work 10-12 hours a day and fitting in any exercise is really difficult. I'm hoping that seeing the numbers will motivate me to be more active each day.

Do you guys find it helpful? Any tips?

Feel free to add me: https://www.fitbit.com/user/2646SC

Replies

• Booda101
    Booda101 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out this group.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • rosanna88_
    rosanna88_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Robyn7762
    Robyn7762 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Does anyone wear a Fitbit? I've owned mine for over a year and I'm finally going to wear it daily. I work 10-12 hours a day and fitting in any exercise is really difficult. I'm hoping that seeing the numbers will motivate me to be more active each day.

Do you guys find it helpful? Any tips?

Feel free to add me: https://www.fitbit.com/user/2646SC

I have my Fitbit since Dec of 2012 and wear it everyday...feel lost without it! I am a Fitbit junky! LOL! Friend me on Fitbit //www.fitbit.com/user/244952 this my user account link!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I am a Fitbit junkie as well, I wear it every day just about all the time.

Yes, it can help you to be more active, after seeing basically how much you move you will find yourself looking to increase your steps or activity and possibly at some point challenging yourself.

Get some Fitbit friends and let the fun begin!

Right now I have a Fitbit friend where we are trying to keep up our goal steps on the weekends - it seem to be feast or famine when it comes to getting at least our goal steps on the weekends.
  • Gregbarnes300
    Gregbarnes300 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me: //www.fitbit.com/user/2SXT6F
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing my Fitbit for four years now ... 24/7 and I still love it. I've got the family on board now too, hubs, the kids, my parents, my brothers and their wives. We are a Fitbit family and it makes for some fun, family competition!

It's hard when you work (I'm spoiled, as a SAHM with a home gym). I do get in a lot of dedicated exercise ... but I also never watch TV unless I'm on the elliptical, I read my book while on the bike. While I'm waiting for the kids, I'll walk around in circles. I took them to an inflatables place for a couple of hours. There was no one in the upstairs waiting lounge so I walked around and got in 8000 steps! I look at my activity graph several times during the day, and try to get little "spike" steps ... never sitting for too long if I can help it. I park further out in the parking lot, I take the stairs, all those little tiny tips and trips do add up!

I've linked my Fitbit with MFP, and with many other "reward" programs out there (Everymove, Achievemint, Pact, Fitstudio) and that is motivating too. I keep a fitness blog and post about the Fitbit quite often! I'm a Fitbit Fan.
    http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/search/label/Fitbit
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i wear my fitbit all the time except when it's charging. i don't actually use it for sleep tracking - i just don't have to worry about forgetting it this way.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Which fitbit do you all use? I am thinking of getting one, is the basic keyfob one any good or do I need to go for the band?
  • 5arahR
    5arahR Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've had my fitbit for just over a month now, and use it everyday. I love it so much. Who new something so small could be so motivating. I have the basic zip, and it fits my needs perfectly. It's also very accurate. :happy:
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I have the Ftbit One, I also have several friends that have lost their wristband Fitbits :smile: The Fitbit One is small enough to hide under your clothing, that is a big plus for me that means its never out of place with my outfit.
  • kimnsc
    kimnsc Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one and wear mine all the time. It keeps me motivated and moving. I sent you a FR on fitbit.com