oh how i dread mondays

Options
zericaaaaa
zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
because of the large and in charge snack table at my office job. bagels, donuts, muffins, scones. they even had chocolate cake and cinnamon buns today like really?!?!

but...

i have my bag of apples and grapes and i have managed to completely resist all the goodies :)

now just to get through pizza fridays and i'll be a complete success lol.

anyone else wanna complain about office job treats with me? haha

Replies

• TXGirl78028
    Options
    I work in an accounting office so during tax season I'm sitting at a desk around 10hrs a day. Already not good for your health - and then everyone tries to make the long hours and stressful work better by feeding the accountants. Our break room fills up with donuts, pastries, cookies. The office manager will send out for milkshakes for everyone. They'll bring in lunch/dinner so we'll keep working of course its things like burgers, pizza etc.

Half the time it seems like they try to send home leftovers with me.

Now I stay away from that stuff, refuse to take leftovers, and eat only what I planned for.....and it's so much better.
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Every Friday this one person brings in a box of donuts. Sigh. I usually avoid. Today my boss brought some in too. There is also the ever present candy jar and pretzel tin. I am pretty good at resisting but I hate the temptation!
  • Stiang
    Stiang Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My team was "thanked" today with a bag of Dark Chocolate Wafer Cookies. Couldn't they just say "thanks"? But at least it isn't donuts - our boss likes to bring in donuts for us - of course he is the only one not participating in the hourly push-up/tricep/plank sessions...although his resistance does waver each passing day.
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh ya...I have a complaint for sure. A few times a week one of our vendors delivers donuts and or candy, cookies, bagels and the like. Or one of the staff brings something baked like banana bread or apple and cherry crisp or something that is always so tempting. I never indulge and I am proud of myself for this. However of the 9 people that are in my office, there are 6 diabetics! They all eat CRAP every day. I look at the stuff and think, "what the Yuck?!"
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    I am glad so many others feel my pain. luckily i've changed donut saturdays to fruit and bagels! maybe if you all talk to your management team, they could consider offering fruits and veggies along with the sweets? dieting with an office job is seriously so hard lol i thought i'd have the most difficult time resisting food when i was working at this BBQ restaurant but i was so wrong haha the call center has tested my strength almost every day. speaking of which, anyone else work in a call center? i feel like our pay is not legal at all
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had to go into work today to do some things to prep to go back(I'm a teacher on vacation still) and I went into our dept. office to make copies and there sat the bowls of candy that are there ALWAYS, and I couldn't resist, at least the 60 cal Tootsie pop wasn't too detrimental to my calorie count, but I need to just stay far, far, away from there. I'm thinking of bringing in some alternative healthy snacks instead, because my sweet tooth sometimes gets the best of me.:grumble:
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    Yeah, I had to go into work today to do some things to prep to go back(I'm a teacher on vacation still) and I went into our dept. office to make copies and there sat the bowls of candy that are there ALWAYS, and I couldn't resist, at least the 60 cal Tootsie pop wasn't too detrimental to my calorie count, but I need to just stay far, far, away from there. I'm thinking of bringing in some alternative healthy snacks instead, because my sweet tooth sometimes gets the best of me.:grumble:

I totally feel you. i have such a hard time with sweets specifically chocolate. basically butter and chocolate run my life lol so all the buttered bagels and chocolate cake around me make it so hard. today i have been snacking on grapes and apples though and i feel good. have you ever tried frozen grapes? i also enjoy strawberries with sugar free chocolate cool whip. cool whip tastes like ice cream to me i loveeee it
  • Gwynnether
    Gwynnether Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly lucky with my job. I work in a company where the majority of employees are women. The sodas available are all diet sodas, if they get lunch for everyone in the office it will be salads, there is a fruit bowl that's constantly filled for everyone,... but unfortunately they do also constantly bring in cakes, cupcakes, chocolates and other treats that are hard to resist. Worst of all though is Wine Friday. After Friday we get to open a few bottles of wine and have a few drinks together and then usually people wll go out for a meal, and on those days my calorie intake just goes through the roof! :D
  • zericaaaaa
    Options
    I'm fairly lucky with my job. I work in a company where the majority of employees are women. The sodas available are all diet sodas, if they get lunch for everyone in the office it will be salads, there is a fruit bowl that's constantly filled for everyone,... but unfortunately they do also constantly bring in cakes, cupcakes, chocolates and other treats that are hard to resist. Worst of all though is Wine Friday. After Friday we get to open a few bottles of wine and have a few drinks together and then usually people wll go out for a meal, and on those days my calorie intake just goes through the roof! :D

see that is really cool about the diet sodas and salads and whatnot. and even though wine friday would be the death of me... WINE FRIDAY!!!!!!! AHHHHH haha im so jealous
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options

I totally feel you. i have such a hard time with sweets specifically chocolate. basically butter and chocolate run my life lol so all the buttered bagels and chocolate cake around me make it so hard. today i have been snacking on grapes and apples though and i feel good. have you ever tried frozen grapes? i also enjoy strawberries with sugar free chocolate cool whip. cool whip tastes like ice cream to me i loveeee it
    Yeah, I love whip cream. . . of any variety, real, fake, it doesn't matter, so I like to put it on my protein pudding; however, since I discovered that real heavy whipping cream has a bazillion calories, I am trying to stay clear of it even though it tastes so damn good, but yeah, butter also my nemesis and there's just no substitute on bread, imho
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!