Going on vacation, need tips to stay on track!

Options
I will be leaving for vacation this week. I just started using MFP, exercising and eating healthier this month. What are some ways I can stay on top of all the progress I have made? I know most of it will be self control and smart choices. I think the hardest part will be the 18 hours of driving. In the past it was sooooo easy to just snack and munch on all kinds of road trip gas station goodies.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    We usually pack deli meat, sandwich stuff, and fruit for the drive.
  • pixie9957
    pixie9957 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good idea. I remember my mom doing that when I was a kid. Once I became the driver though, those drive thrus were just so much easier. Wouldn't be a bad thing to get out and stretch and make some sandwiches. The kids could burn some energy and I might even be able to get a quick walk in!
  • markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Use Myfitnesspal after you know what restaurant you are going to eat at and find healthy choices from their menu. Also pack healthy stuff that's portable such as sandwiches as deguellotex recommended.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    We (two of us) recently took a road trip. We had a big cooler of bottled water, cherries, grapes, yogurt, nuts, coconut water. It worked out. At the hotel, we kept refilling the ice. For the trip home, we still had some snacks left.
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with the above. Last time DH and I took a trip, we packed low-calorie savory and sweet snacks (e.g., chips, fruit snacks) and a whole case of water. I always had water bottles to carry around with me when we were out seeing the sights.
  • pixie9957
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! I'm looking forward to making this trip as healthy as possible.
  • pixie9957
    Options
    Thanks MrM27. Great perspective. Have fun in Mexico! Cabo is one of our favorite vacation places.