hit my original weight goal...

Options
2»

Replies

• itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    thanks, everyone. and keep on going toward your goal! even when we stumble, we can pick ourselves up and keep trying :)
    Hi itsbasschick! Congrats on your wonderful progress! If it's not too personal, I was wondering if you were taking meds for your diabetes. Your numbers improved greatly!

no meds at all. in fact, it was not wanting to take metformin that made me decide to make changes to my lifestyle. i find longer walks, even when not particularly speedy, knocked my blood sugar down about 35 to 40 points right after walking. i discovered this after a day at disneyland of 21,000 steps - even though i ate more, my blood sugar was lower, and lots of checking showed this was always the case. for me, walking is more effective than harder workouts. in fact, the first time in years i hit 99 was after a 40 minute walk last week.

eating 175 to 250 calories per meal every 2.5 hours helps keep my blood sugar down, too. i came up with 2.5 hours as after TONS of poking, i found that 2 1/2 hours was when my blood sugar dropped all the way back down after a smaller meal. losing weight helped, too.
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Great job! So inspiring:flowerforyou:
  • deannalynn66
    deannalynn66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You are awesome! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!