PiYo

Options
I am looking for a way to get back on track and get some serious results. I have looked into the PiYo program and it looks realistic. I just am concerned about the returns department at Beachbody. Their website makes it seem like if you don't like it, and call within the first 30 days, that they will refund your money and stop the billing for the last 2 months. Is it really that simple? Also, for any of you that have tried PiYo, how was it? What did you love/hate about the program?

Replies

• LITtlerMeCO
    LITtlerMeCO Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a way to get back on track and get some serious results. I have looked into the PiYo program and it looks realistic. I just am concerned about the returns department at Beachbody. Their website makes it seem like if you don't like it, and call within the first 30 days, that they will refund your money and stop the billing for the last 2 months. Is it really that simple? Also, for any of you that have tried PiYo, how was it? What did you love/hate about the program?

I'm toying with it as well. A friend of mine invited me to her neighbor's Beachbody launch party, she just became a coach, and I saw the DVD there. I'm also interested in people's experiences.
  • ChrystalF
    ChrystalF Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am just starting week 4 of PiYo. I like it, but I feel like I might like Chalean Extreme better, going back I think I would have tried that instead. PiYo is a lot of core work, it's a lot of planks, side planks, tricep push-ups, lunges etc. A few of the beginner workouts that you do for the first 3 weeks are really short (19 mins) and don't seem to burn many calories, but the longer workouts (30 mins plus) seem to get a good burn going. So far 3 weeks in I am down 4lbs and an inch off my waist, I haven't been perfect with my diet so I am happy enough with these results. I do think if you ate clean, watched your calories while doing PiYo you could have awesome results (I can see myself getting toned under my layer of chub haha).
    If you go through a coach they will most likely try to sell you the Challenge pack which has Shakeology included, I myself would skip on the shake just based on the price (I got suckered into it and it does taste really good though!).
  • Kkindbom
    Kkindbom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Starting week 4 of PiYo today as well. I have never stuck with a workout like I have with this one! It is challenging, especially if you do everything on the DVDs like Chalene does! Woo! I still do some modifications, and they are really good about having one person do modifications the entire time so you can see what they would be instead of making something up. I am looking forward to getting my heart rate monitor in the mail from Amazon tomorrow so I can wear it during the workouts to see how many calories I am really burning, but I do sweat during most of the workouts, and a couple I actually get out of breath! I am 52 years old, 5' 6" and 125 pounds, by the way...
  • ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have heard of PiYO and can not afford to purchase the BeachBody one. There are several videos on youtube that I do and they work well for me. I am getting my diet and exercise back on track so I can only do about 20 min at a time and I am sweating my face off after 5 min and have worked out everything after just 20min. Like I said, I haven't been doing any exercise in about 2 months so I'm coming from a very sedentary place. There is a lot of lunges, planks, downward dog variations, I like it though. Minimal jumping, minimal stress on my joints which is what attracted me in the first place. I have no idea about the company's return policy though I would suggest watching/doing a few videos for free first to see if you really want to spend the money. Hope this helps!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I like it. Really different from Chalene Extreme. I just started the second month and it's definitely tougher. I recommend buying the strength pack as well though... the extra workouts are really worth it. I like that the workouts are pretty short (until drench which is 48 minutes) and it definitely builds up in intensity.
  • VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When I get it, I plan on buying through Amazon instead, I've heard bad things about Beachbody shipping.