Nervous?

stipple15
stipple15 Posts: 1 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
So I am 20 years old. Played sports (soccer and basektball) in high school. Somehow even that wasn't enough to get me the body I wanted. Things went downhill when I started college, and gained a lot of weight. I've been trying to use diets to lose it, but it's not working. I enjoy working out, but hate running. I can strength train and do calethstenics but have never been good at running. I'm a slow runner, it's tedious, and I stare at the clock the entire time. I recently picked up swimming, hoping that will give me the cardio I need. I really hope that by using this website I will be able to realize my food and exercising mistakes and correct them. My main motivation-my boyfriend and I are going to Mexico in a month, and I am nervous that I won't be able to wear a bikini because of the weight I have gained over the past year and everything that comes with it. I need to lose weight, I want to lose weight, I just have to get it done!

Replies

• alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Welcome to the boards!
    Unfortunately, a month is quite a short time to see results, but its enough to get a good start.

Here is a post that can give you a good head start information wise:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Welcome to MFP.
    I agree, a month really isn't enough time to lose much weight but you will get a good idea of what to do and not do by reading the board and watching your foods. Lifestyle changes are all about choices and by choosing to be here is the first step so you'll be well on your way before you know it.
    Most importantly .. enjoy yourself in Mexico no matter what!
  • Audi68
    Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
    You can lose about 10 pounds in a month but I wouldn't push for more than that. There are also alot of toning exercises that can help you get bikini ready in a month too. By the way you look in you picture I think you will be just fine. I have been on vacation in Mexico and the Caribbean this last summer and TRUST me the are going to be alot of women wearing bikinis that are not going to look as good as you will. I don't want to insult any body, but OMG you will be surprised how good you look compared to some others!!!:drinker:
This discussion has been closed.