Anyone from Melbourne, Australia?

Options
latoyaaaa
latoyaaaa Posts: 71 Member
I'm going to Melbourne this weekend and would love some tips on places to go and see :)

Replies

• chene249
    chene249 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am!!

In terms of what?

Melbourne has a great cafe culture! But rug up if you're coming soon... it's cildddddd ):
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Indeed it is rather chilly here at the moment! What srt of things are you looking for? If you're into Pride and Prejudice we curently have a giant Mr Darcy emerging from the water in the docklands!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24568746/mr-darcy-statue-floats-into-melbournes-docklands/

There's currently free fireworks at the Docklands on Friday nights too.

I like taking visitors to ACMI, even the free Screen Scenes exhibition is amazing and will take at least an hour, maybe more - good for cruddy weather. They currently also have a Dreamworks exhibition going.
  • latoyaaaa
    Options
    Ahhhh no :(
    I don't want it to be cold!

I'm heading up this Saturday
    I read about the fire works on Friday and wish I was there then

I'll look up the ACMI thing :)

Also, is the zoo any good?

Me and my partner are coming down there for the first time and just want fun things to do really
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    The zoo here is lovely! So is the Aquarium.
  • latoyaaaa
    Options
    Thanks for the tip :)
  • latoyaaaa
    Options
    I guess depending on the weather will depend on which one we go to
  • Chelseapretorius
    Chelseapretorius Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm from Australia... Just not Melbourne haha. I find it so hard to find other people from Australia on here!
  • latoyaaaa
    Options
    I'm from Australia... Just not Melbourne haha. I find it so hard to find other people from Australia on here!

I'll add you :)
  • sairsyfairy
    sairsyfairy Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Originally from Melbourne, currently living in the US.. if you like good food and coffee try Lygon st in the city!
    The museum in very good! Melbourne Aquarium is also good as someone else said.
  • latoyaaaa
    Options
    Thank you for the tips :)
  • Alatariel75
    Options

There's a group called Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, if you search for it, there's a bunch of us in there! Just start a thread :)