Any weight loss challenges out there?

Options
I'm looking to join a group that does a weekly weigh in...some sort of challenge. Anyone know of any going on...or about to start?

I was faithful to this site until February, then fell off the wagon. Luckily, I didn't gain any weight back...I acutally lost a couple of pounds, but I look at the time lost and think how much more I couldve lost.

I recently came upon a picture of myself from July 2006, right before I started my weight loss journey. I've lost roughly 80 pounds since then, but still have over 100 to go.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to join a weekly weigh in group? That is what gives me the most motivation.

Kristen

Replies

• lannilou
    lannilou Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm looking to join a group that does a weekly weigh in...some sort of challenge. Anyone know of any going on...or about to start?

I was faithful to this site until February, then fell off the wagon. Luckily, I didn't gain any weight back...I acutally lost a couple of pounds, but I look at the time lost and think how much more I couldve lost.

I recently came upon a picture of myself from July 2006, right before I started my weight loss journey. I've lost roughly 80 pounds since then, but still have over 100 to go.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to join a weekly weigh in group? That is what gives me the most motivation.

Kristen
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    If you want, I'll start one with you. :smile: I need the motivation!

And congrats on the weight loss! Wow!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!!!! I'm just about to log into the 100 lbs group so keep your eyes open! There are lots of us on there with 100 + or less, depending on when we joined!!! Welcome aboard!
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    The challenges I can think of are (100 to loose something like that) 25 to life, july 4th, labour day
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    If you guys are starting one, I want in. the challenge I was in fell apart a month ago......... hmmmmmm what shall we call the challenge?
  • Fab140
    Options
    Hmmmmm........

I'd hate to exclude the guys out there....

Something with summer? Tank Top Challenge?
  • lannilou
    Options
    Well, I definitely think we can start one, but I don't know what to call it. I'd like to do a weekly weigh in, but i'm not sure of the time frame? Maybe we could start next week...mid week maybe, and go for a couple of months? Summertime challenge? thoughts? ideas? this is going to be fun.
  • rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm in for a challenge. I've lost 8 and have 93 to go!

Let's figure something out!!!!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    How about Summer Sisters......... for women who want to lose weight in the face of all of summers obstacles! (ie- vacations, ice cream, bbq's) We could weigh in weekly in a weekly post...... and track our group losses?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I am totally in. This is going to be a very good challenge, I think. Woo!
  • Fab140
    Options
    How about we do our first weigh in now and move on from there? What's a good day? Monday seems good...keeps you from being too naughty on the weekend :)

I've lost one pound and have 29 to go.

And summertime sisters sounds fun!
  • lannilou
    Options
    Summer Sisters....sounds good. But what about the men? Surviving Summer? Is that too corny?
  • Fab140
    Options
    Give it to August? That'll be the time frame to lose as much (in the healthy way) as possible?
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm trying to get my weight lost my July 24th. WOOT!
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    well men can still join, lol, how about "Summer Sisters +" lol! SO should we all post our starting weights?
  • lannilou
    Options
    I was thinking maybe Labor day?
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Summer Sisters....sounds good. But what about the men? Surviving Summer? Is that too corny?

I think that will work. So when is our first weigh-in? I would like to undo some damage from this week before we do! :bigsmile:
  • Asiahaze
    Asiahaze Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I ALSO WANTLET ME KNOW WHEN IT WILL START??? I NEED TO LOSE ABOUT 40 LBS. HOPEFULLY BY MY B-DAY 9/1/08. I READY TO GO:bigsmile:
  • lannilou
    Options
    How bout this...

We post our starting weights today, if we have weighed in. Then weigh in on Monday morning and post then as well. I can post an offical group name and that stuff this. Summer sisters, running till labor day? what do you all think?
  • kerrilucko
    Options
    I think it should go until labour day too. Lets start a new post about it so everyone can join.... what are we calling it?