Working out with a mini trampoline

Options
I want a mini trampoline for Christmas but I wanted to see if anyone has had good advantages from them before making the hubby buy me one.... Good or bad idea.... :huh:

Replies

• BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I don't have a mini trampoline but I use the children's big one - I do a four or five position workout -standing jumps, kneeling jumps, sitting jumps, all fours jumps and then either one legged jumps or tuck jumps if I'm feeling energetic :laugh:
    10 minutes burns about 150 cals - but obviously that's on my own personal weight stats on the HRM.

I can do exactly the same workout on my friend's mini tramp, but she does have quite a good quality one - not sure whether I'd feel quite a secure on a cheaper one.

Hope this helps!
  • biggerpix
    Options
    I jusy bought one today..the gold's gym one. The DVD that came with it doesn't work, but I'm using the booklet that came in the box. Seriously...burning 100 calories in 10 minutes....I'm liking it. I feel the burn already just after about 20 minutes. I emailed CS to see if I could get a new DVD, but I plan on using this on days that the gym is closed or I need to switch up my routine. The straps attached are a little flimsy and one snapped already, but I bet I can get a replacement strap of some kind. That seems to help the stretch a little. I'm not the most coordinated person on Earth, so I have to concentrate on staying in the center of the mat and not feeling strange about having only 3 feet or so to bounce around. So far, I'm happy with it and looking forward to seeing if it works.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    you can search "rebounder" on YouTube & find some good workouts :)

I teach air-aerobics with them & there is a whole bunch of exercises you can do on them!