The Gym Day After Turkey Day

Options
Oh No All Those People Who Want To Work Out Is Going To Crowd The Gym! Darn It! lol....
At least they are going I know....I know...

Replies

• doggiemomma
    Options
    My gym was actually kinda quiet. There was only about 4 people and then me there.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    My experience after holidays is that people take a couple days off and then go overboard obsessively come next week. It's also Black Friday so they're all shopping no?

You'll likely get in some great peaceful workouts through the weekend, but guaranteed Monday night will be a total zoo.

That being said, I've also found Mondays are usually a Zoo since people tend to slack and party on the weekends, thinking they'll just "make up for it" on Monday.

My favorite workouts are Sunday afternoons...Gyms nice and quiet and you can superset between equipment easily without interrupting anyone else's routine.

Enjoy the holiday!
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    I agree thats so true!!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    only 3 other people at our Gym this morning at 5 am besides our bootcamp class! =)
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    When I still had a gym close by, Holidays were my fav to go: there was me & maybe 3-5 other people & I could hop back & forth between machines without waiting: I got the best workout that way :happy: And yea, as someone else mentioned: Monday's are everyone's "Guilt Day" to make up for their weekend slacking.

I don't use the weekend as an excuse to slack anymore: I mite get to sleep in past 0330, but that's about it :tongue:

Although, I do have to admit, I don't miss the gym much since I've been working out at home: don't have to worry about who was using the equipment or when the last time they showered was or if they washed their hands after going to the toilet... Yea, I don't miss that at all!:laugh:
    I know everything is wiped down and clean when I put it away so when I use it the next day (or later the same day) it's good to go.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Not me, I don't want to get anywhere near the Black Friday driving traffic. I'm going to do a workout DVD at home. I think I have a few Self magazine DVDs I haven't opened yet.....

Shannon