Adidas Windbreakers in Winter?

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone here have experience with walking in cold temps..do they tend to keep in the heat so it helps keep your warm? I guess you can thermo action.

The pants is what im asking..

Replies

• tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Well I don't walk outside when it's super cold, but I have worked outside for 8 - 10 hours a day in freezing temps, :-p sucked a lot. As a general rule a wind breaker probably won't cut it all by it's self. It will get rid of the wind chill, but if it's 5 degrees outside you're still gonna freeze.

You need a couple of layers. First, something tight against your skin that's breathable, cotton, under armor, or something like that. It should cover from neck to wrist to ankles. Next a heavier layer that's a bit looser, not baggy but something like a sweatshirt and sweat pants. And then a wind proof layer like the wind breaker. Depending on how cold it is, you can throw on a few pairs of sweats.

You'll also want a good heavy pair of socks, or 2 pair, but this might mess with the fit of your shoes. Hopefully not too bad, but it could. Then I like a beanie, and something over my face like a ski mask to keep my checks and ears from freezing.

My boss used to always say that "the heat's in the work," so the faster you go the warmer you'll be :-)

GL and congrats on not letting this stop you. :-D
This discussion has been closed.