Strange meals

Options
FitnessTim
FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
I'm a bit of a fitness nut and I know it. I think of food as fuel and try to get the right combination of nutrients when I need it without caring about creating a traditional meal. I've thrown together some strange combinations over the years that make people laugh. I snack on vegetables and fruits throughout the day so don't criticize me for not including them in my meals.

Here's a few strange meals I've made:

- Tuna straight out of the can with a side of baked beans.
- Breakfast cereal and cold chicken
- Twizzlers and low fat cold cuts
- Rice cakes and beef jerky

Anyone else have any strange meals they've made?

Replies

• Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    This morning's breakfast was probably a bit odd for most people: 2 cup of Mocha Mint coffee, a can of tuna fish (undrained, I love the water!), and a Special K Mocha Bliss bar. Gross? I dunno.... I thought it was yummy. *LOL*

I also get weird looks from people when I substitute potato chips with a large portion of pickles.:-P

Shannon
  • BellaB777
    BellaB777 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I ate crazy combinations of food when I was pregnant... Angel food cake with hot peppers... Pickles with caramel sauce... And peanut butter with turkey. My obgyn said it's usually a mineral your body is missing. She also said if I wasn't craving dirt, sand or clay I would be fine. Yes, I am saying you eat like a pregnant woman lol. But hey, if you like it...
  • FitnessTim
    FitnessTim Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    This morning's breakfast was probably a bit odd for most people: 2 cup of Mocha Mint coffee, a can of tuna fish (undrained, I love the water!), and a Special K Mocha Bliss bar. Gross? I dunno.... I thought it was yummy. *LOL*

I also get weird looks from people when I substitute potato chips with a large portion of pickles.:-P

Shannon

Though some people will disagree, I think the pickles was a smart way to get your salt fix. I'm a bit of a salt-aholic myself. My wife slices up cucumbers and puts them in a bowl with vinegar and salt and we love it.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm definately more fixated on salt than sweets. I can go days without sweets, but I crave salt daily. My secret sin: I keep the packets of salt that come with salt pretzels and chew on a little sprinkle of it if I don't have anything else salty that is decently healthy.

I'm sure it contributes to water weight gain in the long run.....

Shannon
  • drbuffdaddu
    Options
    To Sweet13_Princess:
    I absolutely love pickles. Props to you! I would def not be one of those people giving you weird looks. I can eat a whole pickle straight and love it.