Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms - 3 WW pts w/ PHOTO

heathersmilez
heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
edited September 22 in Recipes
It’s been a couple months since I made this last and my husband and I are excited to that I’m making it again Sunday b/c its soooooooooo good!

I’ve put it into the recipe log here on MFP and called it “Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms - 3 WW points”

Enjoy!

chicken.jpg

** Recipe serves 2, I doubled it this summer when I had my in-laws over.

Balsamic Chicken with Mushrooms

2 chicken breasts
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 cup small mushrooms
1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
¼ tsp dried thyme

Directions: Mix 2 tbsp of vinegar, the mustard and garlic. Add chicken and turn to coat. Transfer chicken and marinade to skillet. Sauté chicken 3 minutes on each side then transfer to grill and cook through. Sauté mushrooms in broth, thyme and remaining tablespoon of vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are deep brown. Serve chicken topped with mushrooms.

WW Points: 3

The “grill” I am referring to is my Cuisinart Griddler. You don’t have to brave the cold to make this ;)

Nutrition: 172 cals, 3g fat, 1 g fiber.

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    how much protein per serving?
  • heathersmilez
    how much protein per serving?

28g per serving for a 138g skinless, boneless, frozen chicken breast.
  • OMG I love anything balsamic and especially when mushrooms are involved. I'll definately have to make this, thank you for sharing!
  • That looks amazing! I'm so going to try that...might skip the mustard though...ew :P!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Thank you, it sounds and looks good and is not too complicated. :smile:
  • heathersmilez
    That looks amazing! I'm so going to try that...might skip the mustard though...ew :P!

I know Dijon sounds scary, I myself would never, ever eat Dijon mustard in a sandwich but this is delicious!!!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    I will definitely try this... it sounds sooooooooo good.
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Bump!
  • That looks amazing! I'm so going to try that...might skip the mustard though...ew :P!

I know Dijon sounds scary, I myself would never, ever eat Dijon mustard in a sandwich but this is delicious!!!

Oh I must try it then! It really does look good! I'm guessing you serve it with vegetables?! I love balsamic vinegar!
    Weird combination but you should try it with Strawberries!
  • heathersmilez
    Oh I must try it then! It really does look good! I'm guessing you serve it with vegetables?! I love balsamic vinegar!
    Weird combination but you should try it with Strawberries!

I had made a salad last summer with balsamic, strawberries and sliced almonds and yea, it was good. Thanks for reminding me, I should really try that again! Of course I've missed strawberry season, oops! ;)

I like to serve this chicken with some couscous (just for variety, we have brown rice all the time with stir-fry) with some peppers and onions sautéed and mixed in and maybe some asparagus that I coat with a tiny bit of olive oil, pepper and garlic powder and bake. My in-laws eat very healthy so the couscous photo and grilled peppers and corn on the cob pics are actually from that same dinner when I last made this chicken.

Picture5170.jpg
    Picture159.jpg
    Picture5171.jpg
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Bump
This discussion has been closed.