Noticing a change early.... Real or in my head?

Options
Only been seriously working at my weight loss for a solid week. I can never tell if I can really see a change or if I am just feeling better/more positive and that is why my reflection appears better? I try not to weigh myself or take measurements more than once a week because otherwise I get obsessed and dwell over small fluctuations. Either way... I'm feeling better just wondering if other people have gone through this early on?

Replies

• tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I am on day 30 (yay) of my "eat better within my calorie goal).
    For the last 2 weeks, I would say, I feel 'lighter'. I feel like my tummy isn't as big - I don't think it LOOKS any different, but it FEELS smaller... if that makes any sense?

I was positive last week that I lost weight because of this skinnier feeling (but I didn't lol I was the same as the week before) but today I had dropped 2lbs...

It's great that you feel better, I think ultimately that is the most important thing!
  • amelia651
    amelia651 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It makes sense to me as well, but it also may be in my head. I only weight Sundays and measure once a month (to keep from getting obsessive) but especially if I have a good week I "feel" smaller. My first week here earlier this month was a really good week for me and by the end I DEFINITELY felt smaller... it gave me an EXTRA motivation to keep on going...
  • NatashaWhowantstoknow
    NatashaWhowantstoknow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It is not in your head. I have been going to the gym for a little over a week now and staying within my calorie count but eating what I want and I am down 13 pounds. I can really see it in my stomach and my figure is becoming defined as it used to be. I think the mere fact that we are probably exercising have a lot to do with the way our body is reacting. Good luck! You are doing just fine.
  • tomee638
    tomee638 Posts: 64
    Options
    In your first week especially, if you're working out and eating right, I would expect that you would probably drop 2 - 3 pounds. I randomly notice I look better in a shirt I've worn 50 times before or just feel better or all the sudden notice my stomach looks smaller.

Be sure to take before pictures (like even now) so that when you're done you can see the difference when you take after pictures in the same poses. Then you can also use those pictures to remember what it felt like to get healthy again and keep you motivated to keep that weight off. Feel free to PM me if I can offer any further help. Keep up the good work!