This is it!!!

Options
Hi everyone, I am a 33 year old woman that has fought with weight issues since I was in sixth grade. I remember being bullied and wanting to quit school that year because of my weight. I had two children in my twenties and my weight skyrocketed to 250 pounds. I didn't feel good about myself. My husband left me for a skinnier, younger woman and due to the stress of that I did lose 40 pounds which I eventually gained back because I didn't lose it in a healthy way to begin with. I am really wanting to believe that I can get to my goal weight this time and I am doing it for myself this time around. I always get on a vicious cycle of trying really hard and then giving up when the results don't come as quickly as I want them to.. I am hoping to find a support system through this website and make use of the fitness pal app on a daily basis. I have found that even reading some of the posts on this site makes me feel like I not alone in my battle. I can do this!!!

Replies

• StrongHealthyPowerful
    StrongHealthyPowerful Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can do it!
  • amelia651
    amelia651 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision to do something for you. I have been here for about a month, and not only am I losing weight, exercising and feeling good in general (both mentally and physically) I don't have the urging to stop. Would I like the weight to fall off super quickly? Sure... but it will come back just as quick if its a diet vs a life change. The support system here is fabulous-- from the comments and likes on your statuses and daily reports, the questions on the boards that you are sometimes embarrassed to ask, to the kick in the butt when you need it. I wish you luck in your journey, and feel free to add me if you need support or a friendly face.:)