Many Reasons to Celebrate

Options
nicoleromine
nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
Today, I have many reasons to celebrate.

Back in March 2014, I weighed the heaviest I've ever been (210 lbs at 5'9''). I felt like crap, slept like crap, and overall had a crap attitude. I started just cutting back on my portions and cutting processed carbs out of my diet. 12 pounds down, I decided I should probably start using the MFP app which I had downloaded, but failed to do anything with for over a year. I've now logged for 100 days in a row . . . 100 days of holding myself accountable even if I didn't like the numbers!

Last week, I took the first vacation I've had since I've been at my very stressful job. 3 1/2 years without a vacation, but the new attitude I've cultivated since March has me taking care of all of my needs (physical, emotional, and mental). On that vacation, I hiked 18 miles over a 3 day period, and I had a frigging blast doing it. Back in March the idea of even working out for more than 30 minutes bummed me out, now I have a desire to schedule my next challenging hiking trip as soon as I can.

I'm now down to 167 pounds. I have my ups and downs, but I feel healthier and happier every day that passes. So. here's a hurrah to the many reasons I have to celebrate today!

Replies

• jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    THIS is what we all need to hear now and again! Positive words affecting self and all those around you. Thank you OP, for sharing and sprinkling some smiles around for the rest of us. Congrads on your 100 days!!!
  • tracied30
    tracied30 Posts: 22
    Options
    Ups and downs...we all know this very well. Congratulations on your new hobby (hiking) and for getting up and about and enjoying life! And of course...to many more days of success (and even struggles) as that is what builds our character and keeps us going.
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Way to go and look at the positive! I hope the vacation relaxation sticks with you for awhile.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    THIS is what we all need to hear now and again! Positive words affecting self and all those around you. Thank you OP, for sharing and sprinkling some smiles around for the rest of us. Congrats on your 100 days!!!

QFT!

Well done, OP! What a wonderful inspiring post.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!