Question for morning exercisers

Audi68
Audi68 Posts: 113 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Do you eat something before you exercise?

I tried exercising first thing in the morning before work but was to sick to my stomache. I have a hard time eating right when I get up, just please give me a cup of coffee. So when I went to exercise (doing 30 Day Shred) I was really sick to my stomach and almost lost my cup of coffee. I know I do better in the late afternoon when I am more awake and have a settled stomach but it is so hard to exercise then, morning would be so much easier to make sure I get it in for the day.

What is your morning routine like when you exercise?

Thanks in advance for the info.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    i eat a bannana before with a cup of coffee black. Then oatmeal after. works great.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    I get up early and eat a smallish breakfast an hr to an hr and a half before working out.
    (Too uncoordinated to exercise within 1 hour of waking up)
  • I don't usually eat before morning exercise, but I don't have coffee first either. You probably got sick because you just had coffee floating around in your stomach and exerted yourself. See if saving the coffee until breakfast makes a difference for you.
  • sorry for some reason this posted twice, I don't know how to delete on here
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    I do the 30DS on an empty stomach during the week. On the weekends when I can exercise later, I have eaten, but let it settle before I do any exercise. Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • FitnessChefJime
    FitnessChefJime Posts: 174 Member
    I drink 16oz of water and 1/2 cup of fiber one 1/4 cup soy milk then after workout i have eggs. I do cardio heavy in the AM sometimes play basketball the carbs are a good source of fuel so I've been told.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    It took me a long time, probably a few months, of consistently eating breakfast before it felt good and didn't make me feel sick. I had to wait until after this adjustment period to be able to exercise in the morning.
  • I usually have my one cup of coffee, then I try to get at least two glasses of water down and a fruit before I workout.. then I eat my breakfast :-)
  • I have always preferred exercising on an empty stomach within 30 minutes of waking up. I've also read online that if you eat before, you end up burning what you consumed instead of stored fat. I wouldn't suggest the coffee though. Just a healthy amount of water whenever you want it. You might even find you don't need the coffee to wake you up afterward. I've also read that people who exercise first thing tend to stick with it longer. Good Luck!
  • I drink a cup of coffee and maybe a fruit, when I get back I wait about 30 min then I eat a proper breakfast. This is what most the people I asked this question answered, protein first, then 30 min, then carbs. It's working for me. :)
This discussion has been closed.