• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen

.....defined in the gym
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen, you should be striving to always eat at maintenance, you could have the most defined abs, but a constant overeating patterns can ruin all that.

If you do indulge, make up for it... Have a day of defecit
    But its always math, calories in vs calories out !!

Yes, just four or five days of bad overeating can set a person way behind! Any foods I should particularly avoid? Any foods you'd recommend for their nutrient value?

You don't need to avoid any foods....

The important thing is calories.

Listen this past weekend, between Sat and Sun, I ate about 5000 calories in brownies alone...not counting my other food.

Between Fri - Sun night, I prolly had about 12,000 - 15000 calories.....
    WAY ABOVE my needed calories.

So come Monday I was a lot softer than I usually am......
    But back on track eating Monday and Tuesday, I am starting to tighten back up......

So you can eat what you want....
    Just stay below caloric needs to get the abs you want, then once you get there, stay around caloric needs.
    Hit your macros as well.
  • Dr_Mouse
    Dr_Mouse Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen, you should be striving to always eat at maintenance, you could have the most defined abs, but a constant overeating patterns can ruin all that.

Yes, just four or five days of bad overeating can set a person way behind! Any foods I should particularly avoid? Any foods you'd recommend for their nutrient value?

Listen this past weekend, between Sat and Sun, I ate about 5000 calories in brownies alone...not counting my other food.

But back on track eating Monday and Tuesday, I am starting to tighten back up......

Just stay below caloric needs to get the abs you want, then once you get there, stay around caloric needs.
    Hit your macros as well.

So I've been experimenting this past week with calorie cycling... seems to work pretty well for losing those last few percentages of body fat. Another week or two and I will be at the end of the marathon...

Now, I have a new and very real concern: how do I get abs without becoming UNDERWEIGHT? The abs are popping through, but at the same time the number on the scale is dropping. Frankly, it's scaring me. Would it be better for me to bulk up, put on some muscle, then try to cut?
  • W31RD0
    W31RD0 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know once I'm done removing the layer of mayonnaise I promptly covered mine in.

Da hell?

You better be licking it off!

That's a lot of perfectly good unsaturated fats you are drizzling yourself with, sir.
  • MityMax96
    Options

Hit your macros as well.

So I've been experimenting this past week with calorie cycling... seems to work pretty well for losing those last few percentages of body fat. Another week or two and I will be at the end of the marathon...

Now, I have a new and very real concern: how do I get abs without becoming UNDERWEIGHT? The abs are popping through, but at the same time the number on the scale is dropping. Frankly, it's scaring me. Would it be better for me to bulk up, put on some muscle, then try to cut?

If it were me. I would get to a weight that you feel comfortable at.
    Then I would add back a 100 calories a week until you were maintainig your weight. +/- a few pounds. Which would be most likely water.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    MityMax96, maybe I missed it, but can I ask what % of body fat were you at in those pictures ? I'm just curious, as I'm quite a bit away from having defined abs, but one thing I would like to shoot for is 12% body fat I get closer to my goal weight :)
  • MityMax96
    Options
    MityMax96, maybe I missed it, but can I ask what % of body fat were you at in those pictures ? I'm just curious, as I'm quite a bit away from having defined abs, but one thing I would like to shoot for is 12% body fat I get closer to my goal weight :)

In current profile pic, I am prolly 7% - 8%

In the pics last year in Aug and December.
    I was prolly 10 - 11% in Aug
    And prolly ~10% in December....maybe 9% if I were lucky

I have some other pics, where I am about 5% - 6%
  • MityMax96
    Options
    I was prolly ~5% in this pic, last month.

07-24-2014
    photo019_zps770f91c9.jpg
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options

Ah, cheers, its good to have a reference point and fair play on the results for all the hard work you've obviously put in! :)
  • MityMax96
    Options

Ah, cheers, its good to have a reference point and fair play on the results for all the hard work you've obviously put in! :)

Thank you :drinker: :drinker:
  • MelvinOAnderson
    Options
    To keeps up your abs for long firstly take out however much stress as could be expected Split your workouts for expanded force attempt the meat and nuts breakfast begin your day with a greens drink turn your proteins and fats
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Holy hell mitymax!! You are one helluva example!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know once I'm done removing the layer of mayonnaise I promptly covered mine in.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Holy hell mitymax!! You are one helluva example!

Thank you.

But I assure you, there are other guys on here that are far better....trust me.
    I am a work in progress my friend.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I can't speak to having/maintaining abs since I'm not there yet. As for calorie goal setting, this is the most accurate calculator for me: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ Keep in mind that anything like this is really just an estimate and you have to start at a point and add/subtract from there to find what works for you specifically. I find that MFP underestimates my calorie needs but that that site is pretty dead on for me.

I'll try that one. I think I just get frustrated because I'm constantly seeing these 5 foot tall 140lb girls swear they eat 2000 calories a day and lost tons of weight every week. It's eye roll inducing. I mean I'm 100lbs larger and a male but I barely lose eating 2300? That makes no sense.

Well, I'm 5'5" and 130 lbs and I maintain around 2100-2200 calories/day...
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Tagging for the info by MityMax. Yeah, well done man.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Tagging for the info by MityMax. Yeah, well done man.

Thanks man
    You as well :wink: :drinker: :drinker: