Six Months Completed - 16 kgs down!

Options
2»

Replies

• aditya2491
    aditya2491 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Its feels special.

I remember when I came here six months back and saw other people posting their success stories I thought 'When will I be able to post my picture?' Those photos gave me the courage to work hard and here I am today.

Best of luck to everyone. If I can, you all can do it too. Cheers!
  • dknight36
    dknight36 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Cograts!
  • aditya2491
    Options
    First congratulations on your weight loss that is great. I have only been counting calories 2 weeks with only making minor changes to diet. I am starting to ramp it up now as I would like to lose more than .4kg in 2 weeks! (I did have a wine tour and 2 other social events so I know where I went wrong. What is BMR &TDEE I tried to see if I could see on your profile but says only viewable by friends?

In relation to person who asked how calorie counting helps - I have found foods that I never thought were overly bad are now highlighted - like a skinny latte from the coffee shop. I live on coffee with 2 kids under 3 and I think I was having way too much milk so I have gone to black coffee at home as I really don't enjoy the milk that much for the extra calories.

Once again well done!

Let me explain you the different terms as I have understood them.
    BMR - Basic Metabolism Rate: The calories you burn even if you are in a coma. Its the bare minimum your body needs to live.
    TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure: The calories you burn daily. It cannot be calculated accurately. You can estimate it on the basis of your generic lifestyle (e.g. sedentary, lightly active...)

Now, consider the cases:
    1) Eating less than BMR - Body doesnt get enough calories to function. Its harmful in the long run.
    2) Eating greater than BMR and lesser than TDEE - PERFECT!
    3) Eating greater than TDEE - Intake is greater than what you spend. You will gain weight.

Steps:
    1) Go to: http://www.fat2fittools.com/tools/mbf/
    2) calculate your Military Body Fat percent
    3) Use that to calculate your BMR and TDEE

Now how to estimate the amount of calorie to eat between the BMR and TDEE. People follow different methods. The best I found to estimate was to subtract 10% - 20% from your TDEE value, keeping in mind it doesnt fall below BMR. Generally 10% cut gives 1 pound per week loss and 20% cut gives 2 pounds per week loss.

Well thats it from my side. Hope it helps! I have opened up my profile. You can check out the calculations that I did to find out my daily optimum intake.
  • Winwin101
    Winwin101 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look even younger after your weight loss. In such a short time you've done a fantastic job. Congratulations on your hard work. You look great! :happy:
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Wow 35lbs in six months is awesome!! Congratulations on your accomplishment and thank you for sharing your story and what has worked for you!
  • AidaCarla180
    AidaCarla180 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Way to go!!:love:
  • tolae2006
    tolae2006 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I will overestimate my food and underestimate my workout so that it balances out. Thanks for sharing
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Awesome work :)
  • aditya2491
    Options
    Congratulations, I will overestimate my food and underestimate my workout so that it balances out. Thanks for sharing

Sounds weird, but always works!
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great Results CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • ribeenajenkins
    Options
    Thanks heaps,

I have done my calculations and is pretty much what I am doing as long as I watch what I am doing at social events!
  • solsi6
    solsi6 Posts: 14
    Options
    congrats!
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    good job man like someone else said you look alot younger haha
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You look great, thanks for the advice. Did you weigh your food? I've been working out a lot, but the scale is stuck for the past two weeks, thinking I'm eating more than I think.
  • RawIndian
    RawIndian Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations from a fellow Desi.

Just curious what height are you?
  • aditya2491
    Options
    You look great, thanks for the advice. Did you weigh your food? I've been working out a lot, but the scale is stuck for the past two weeks, thinking I'm eating more than I think.
    No I do not weigh my food. I roughly measure it in cups.

I have recently bought a new kitchen weighing scale and will start using it soon. :)
  • aditya2491
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations from a fellow Desi.

Just curious what height are you?
    Thank you. I am 5-8.
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Did you lose 16 years as well?!! Wow, you look so much younger...and great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!