Reverse Dieting…??

Options
What's everyone's thoughts on reverse dieting? And why did you do reverse dieting?? I've written down a 4 week plan off of iifym.com to try and start so that I will eat at my maintenance calories. I think I've hit a plateau and have eating at a deficit for such a long time that my body is just kinda blehhh, and i kinda wanna try this! Who doesn't love food?? :O I'm 4 pounds away from my GW, but i know that the number on the scale will be forever changing for the rest of my life, so I'm not trying to stay with just one number, but more or less keeping myself within a 5 pound range.

I'm currently 122lbs, 5'2", and eat around 1,450-1,540 calories a day. My maintenance calories are around 1900 calories.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    with 4lbs left to go to hit goal yes you should start reverse dieting now...

It is better to slowly re-introduce small increments of calories into your daily goals so that you don't get that wham effect..

I started with 100 calories a day but saw a gain and didn't like it so I switched to 50 calories a day and as I reverse dieted I continued to lose to my goal weight and got into a comfortable maitenance range...I can weigh anywhere between 152 -157...and I am good

It took me about 8 weeks to reverse up to my maitenance...well almost maitenance...I set my goal at 2k a day maitenance is really 2100 but it leaves me that extra if I need it...

That being said how long have you been at a plateau? 4-6 weeks? if so you are already at maitenance....that is what a plateau is.

If it's just been a couple weeks it's not a plateau just your body behaving in a normal manner as weight loss is not linear...

Our bodies don't go "blehhhh" I was in a deficit for almost 18months save a week at Christmas and a week away...and I lost consistently as long as I logged accurately and stayed in goal