$#@#*$%$$@#%!!!!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
That's what I think of the $3.99/gallon gas I put in my car!!!!

*Spinning heel kick to the oil baron a-holes!!*

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    That's what I think of the $3.99/gallon gas I put in my car!!!!

• AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    ohh poor baby, i pay the equivallent of $10 per gallon :grumble:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    *kitten*. Seriously. I can't afford to sneeze anymore.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options

I'll put in a BOOT TO THE HEAD!!

*shout's upstairs* Dad can I borrow your work boots?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    without being too crude, can I suggest that if they are going to screw us like that, that they at least give us a kiss afterward?:laugh:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Today in my town SELF SERVE 1.32.9 a litre (about 5.32 US gallon) Even a small car is too much for gas to run it!! No reprieve in site either
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oh I know....and then I heard yesterday on the news they project by July all our food that we see today will be double the cost. I am on a low carb diet...and we will have to eat Ramen noodles:angry:
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    Oh I know....and then I heard yesterday on the news they project by July all our food that we see today will be double the cost. I am on a low carb diet...and we will have to eat Ramen noodles:angry:

It's ridiculous...it's almost to the pt. where it's cheaper to eat processed crap than it is to eat what's good for you.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I saw a commercial today from " feed the children" asking for donations because it costs them too much to fill up the delivery truck :brokenheart:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    The only way around it is to stop driving so much/carpool, do more in one trip rather than making seperate trips for different stores/post office/ etc. The only way to make the price go down is to make the demand drop.
    If possible in your area, use public transportation.
    I've heard some bosses/corporations are up for work at home days to save on gas....
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I say we all quit our jobs and go on the system. :mad:
  • mjfer123
    Options
    I couldn't agree less :noway:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Oh boy I just filled up my truck....$97.00 later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:explode:

I told hub we are trading in at least on of the trucks because this is insane...I can't wait for the summer when I can take the commuter rail because I won't have to drop my son and pick him up from school so no driving 30-45 mins each way and no more parking @12 bucks a day...we'll save a ton!!! but with the $$$ cost of food by then we'll probably end up pretty even...sigh!!

Dear Santa....prius....please!:ohwell:

hugs!
    Ali
  • TamTastic
    Options
    :grumble:
  • mjfer123
    Options
    If work isn't too far away, kill two birds with one stone, ride a bike!
    Burn calories and save money!
  • GTOgirl1969
    Options
    The only way around it is to stop driving so much/carpool, do more in one trip rather than making seperate trips for different stores/post office/ etc. The only way to make the price go down is to make the demand drop.
    If possible in your area, use public transportation.
    I've heard some bosses/corporations are up for work at home days to save on gas....

I agree with you there. I only go to the store ONCE a week instead of running back and forth for a couple of things each time.
    I wish there were public transport in my area, I would use it, but I don't live near a bus line.
    I've cut back on my driving a lot...I used to drive to see my family every weekend, but I can't afford it. I go once or twice a month now...:ohwell:
  • bluerobi
    bluerobi Posts: 22
    Options
    If you smoke, stop, and use the money for gas. You will have better health, live longer and the food you do get to eat will taste better. :heart:
  • fynendandi1
    Options
    You know i just bought a car it is a 1992 gets 33 miles a gallon because i could not afford to drive my van anymore so i still pay $320 a month on my van payment but haven't driven it in weeks because i can't afford to get back and forth to work in it anymore it was costing me 20 a day!! And the kids and i never go anywhere except where we have to go work, school daycare....we were poor last year but now it is getting ridiculous. :mad:
  • strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree with all. This is insane. There is no reason gas should have gone up anywhere near the way it did. I remember they tried to say that it was because the military would need it. Last I checked those double deuces they use would run on mud if it had a spot of gas in it. We should all send a message to the higher ups (lower brains) and get rid of the 90 year olds and oil tycoons in washington. If they want a stimulus plan stop selling our oil oversees and keep it here. Start those wells back up and for gods sake build a couple new refineries. It isn't hard. Would create a lil work too. But look soon for a strike in the truckers. When all them pull over and nothing is movin this country is screwed. Maybe that will send a message.
  • fynendandi1
    Options
    I agree we need to be self sufficient again we depend on every other country but our own.