Xbox Kinect Exercise ?

Options

Replies

• BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You want a good burn on the Kinect?? I just rented Fighters Uncaged for the Kinect, it's a fighting game that uses your whole body, 10 min of playing and I am pouring sweat. It is an awesome workout for a video game, and helps get the fustration out and the adrenalin and heart rate way up, I have played for 30-45 minutes the last three nights, and I haven't been this sore in a long time. Next paycheck we are buying it for sure, and other suggestions or recomendations on other Kinect games, anybody play the sports game.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love Kinect Sports. There is a pretty good variety of games within, but we tend to bowl and play table tennis quite a bit. I'm also a bit addicted to the Super Saver mini-game for soccer. Not too hard at first, but once the balls start coming faster and have you dancing back and forth, it gets trickier.

Dance Central is also a lot of fun (though I'm not all that great at that one).
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options
    My Hubby and I just got a Kinect. It came with Adventures and we got Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout. I also bought a HRM, but haven't tried it out yet. Adventures and BL Ultimate workout kicks my butt. I would like to get Zumba and Your Shape, I heard those are great.

To answer the question, I would invest in a HRM.
  • gbmabley
    Options
    If you are looking for a game that is good exercise I would try EA Active 2. You can find it for all 3 consoles ( xbox ps3 and wii ) you do not need any contollers for either console. For the kinect it gives you a HRM. For the ps3 you get bands 1 leg and 2 arm bands with a HRM built in. It has a personal trainer and with your input it will create a work out schedual. It keeps track of your heart rate and every week you do a little fitness test which also shows your progress to becoming fit.

The exercises are proven to work. I have recently started reading men's health and many of their " get in shape " routines have these exercises. I also have a friend doing the P90x and those same exercises are found in there. The game comes with a medium resistance band ( 20 pound ). There is an option to change the weights to dumbbells or stronger/weaker resistance bands.

I don't like going to the gym and now I don't have to go their.

Active 2 gets two thumbs up.
  • kimbyr
    Options
    I was wondering myself. I was using the Wii stuff listed because I figured they might be comparable. Kinect has to expend calories... i break a sweat just on the 2 games we have. I can't wait to get one of the dancing game.
  • klewis89
    klewis89 Posts: 12
    Options
    OMG! That is all I can say! We just bought the kinect. It came with the adventure game and we purchased the sports game. I really enjoy the boxing, but you have to get passed the beginner setting to really get a burn! I went 3 rounds against the computer and couldn't breathe afterwords!! I will have to check into the other boxing game mentioned earlier to get the entire body involved. We also really enjoy the track and field. Definetly a must have system. I can't wait to add more games to out library!
  • simplyhemi
    Options
    I have Zumba Fitness for Kinect and I do 35-45 minutes a day of Zumba and it's the best exercise!!! It is just as good as the DVD and classes. I don't know how many calories I burn exactly but I believe it's between 300-450 calories every exercise!!! It's the best game for the Kinect. I love ZUMBA!! I love zumba and Kinect!!!1
  • curly_chic3
    Options
    http://healthmad.com/weight-loss/how-many-calories-can-you-burn-playing-the-kinect-and-kinect-games/

This health website says you burn 300 calories every HOUR playing the Kinect.

I also have the kinect, it is a hard work out for sure. Depending on the game I know that Zumba is about 500 calories for an hour.
    Normal Kinect games as in kinect sports, kinect adventures would be considered under the 300 calories per hour.
  • nseuell
    nseuell Posts: 110
    Options
    We have the kinect - and I love it... but the Zumba game has not been the best. It has trouble tracking your movements for some reason. Have not had the same problems with Sports and Fitness for Kinect!
  • elizabethrice
    elizabethrice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the connect over the wii any day!! With the wii you could actually sit down and do the movements lol. With the kinect u have to get up I love it!! And for my kids it gives them excercise and they have lots of fun doing it. I have wondered about the calories myself I used the wii info to thats on my fitness. And the dance paradise is awesome as well. I love it when my neighbors come over and we can get a good workout by playing it and laugh and have fun. Its great!!
  • silversong24
    silversong24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I use my Kinect regularly, both for exercise and for fun. Initially we had the Kinect Adventures and Kinect Sports and both of these are really fun and take a lot of energy. They tend to work in bursts though so if you are looking for a solid burn, these probably wouldn't work. You do like 3-5 minutes of activity, then take a break of 1-3 minutes moving to the next thing. I have also picked up Zumba and Biggest Loser, both of which I absolutely love. You can pick your level of exertion, how long you want to go, and in Biggest Loser you can specify which areas of the body you want to work on. We have a few other games that we play with the kids for fun and I recommend them too. They are the new Carnival: Monkey See Monkey Do and Kinectimals. Looking at investing in the new Kung Fu Panda game and Fantastic Pets as well for the kiddos.
  • dancecentral
    dancecentral Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm new on here.. Add me please if you like dance central or other kinect games
  • sclark0717
    sclark0717 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    love the kinect adventure game best work out ever...first time i played i was soar for days...but def worth it...:happy:
  • radtcma
    radtcma Posts: 10
    Options
    I've been thinking about trying the UFC workout game for the Kinect, looks pretty intense. Anybody tried it yet?
  • PyrateGirl
    Options
    I don't know if it was stated elsewhere but Dance Central does have a workout mode which will track your calories burned.
  • msmileyface
    msmileyface Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, I love Kinect for exercise! I want to try the Zumba game, but saw it had some negative reviews on Amazon. Would you all recommend I pick it up?

Thanks!
  • ginsta
    ginsta Posts: 1
    Options
    Microsoft has released a downloadable calorie counter/ challenge pack that tracks your burning calories based on the type of movements you make during Kinect Sports. Please see this article:

http://www.xboxfitness.org/kinect-sports-fitness-addon-making-kinect-sports-into-a-real-exercise-game/

According to the article, you can burn about 278 calories in 30 minutes. This is, of course, dependent on the vigor and effort you put into the game.

Thought this might help some people! I love playing the kinect. It's a great way to burn some calories while still having fun.
  • tonie13
    tonie13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    has anyone thought about adding the Kinect (general games) or Kinect (zumba) to the exercise list?

i play it usually when im trying to burn a few extra calories, and can tell you it works! i played New Years Eve with friends and after having a few "tipples" i woke the next morning with the biggest aches ever, i didnt realise (in my tipsy state) exactly how hard i was pushing!

Anywho, can some one add it to exercise, even if you round down the amount of calories burnt?!

Thanks!
  • Tali303
    Tali303 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ok i was so curious because sometimes at night i dnt wanna go to the gym i jus wanna stay home and play kinect. so i searched on the net and i found out that its like walking 3.5 mph for how ever long you played so im definatly makeing this one of my excerises. also seditary game playing still burns on average 81.5 calories and hour i have to say im amazed.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I usually put it under aerobics. I have the UFC training, I really like that, and I put that down as calisthenics (?)