ADVICE please (not sure if this is the right section!)

Options
emmaalyssaa
emmaalyssaa Posts: 35 Member
Any advice? I have an hour for lunch every day. For t he past two days, I've gone walking 30-40minutes. It's been hot & I've been power walking so I've worked up a major sweat. There are no showers here at work. What can I do so that I don't feel gross coming back to work? I want to continue walking but I feel so gross since I sweated (SOO sunny!). Any tips/advice would be appreciated!!

Replies

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I bring a wash cloth or baby wipes and just wipe down those un-fresh areas and apply a new layer of deodorant lol. I also bring my exercise clothes so I sweat in them and change back into my work clothes once I'm a little fresher.
  • lyssad2003
    lyssad2003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Keep baby wipes at your desk and freshen up when you get back... Reapply deodorant and/or body spray if needed. :)
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'd probably bring baby wipes and powder to work. Give my sweaty areas a bit of a wipe down, sprinkle on some powder, and reapply my deodorant.
  • emmaalyssaa
    emmaalyssaa Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU guys! Don't know why I didn't think of that lol.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I bring a wash cloth or baby wipes and just wipe down those un-fresh areas and apply a new layer of deodorant lol. I also bring my exercise clothes so I sweat in them and change back into my work clothes once I'm a little fresher.

^^This
  • adopp062715
    adopp062715 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I run during lunch 3-4 days a week. I bring my workout clothes to change into. Then when I come back, I wash my face, put on new deodorant, and change back into my work clothes. Works very well for me. If you are really worried about it, bring in baby wipes to freshen up. In my opinion the smell goes away fairly quickly.
  • slomo22
    slomo22 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I bring a workout shirt to work and dry myself off with a towel.
  • luvforever
    luvforever Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I agree, baby wipes are amazing for quick "sponge baths" after a work out. I usually bring at least an extra shirt, sometimes a full outfit-depending on what I'm wearing.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I walk/run to work too, and it can be brutal on hot days! Baby wipes are a great idea, as well as keeping some spare deodorant, perfume, and make up at your work (or in a backpack to bring with you). When I get to work I hit the bathroom immediately to change my clothes and freshen up. It's been working so far! :tongue:
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Have clothes to change into for walking - and wet wipes to clean up with + deoderant.

Personally I run in place inside the office. I also crank up the A/C! I get a little sweaty, but not too bad. I put paper towels under my armpits and then clean up/reapply deoderant. Its too hot here to go outside and still be office-friendly for the afternoon.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said about wipes and deodorant. I also spray Degree body spray on.
    I don't use baby wipes though I use hygiene wipes.

I also, on an hour break, would run for 30 minutes and then come back and sit in my car and crank up the AC in there for a minute. It helped me to stop sweating and cool down quickly before cleaning up and going back in. It helps that my car AC blows colder than December breeze.