Surviving Summer Weight Loss Challenge

Options
A group of us have decided to start a weight loss challenge that will run from Monday, May 19, 2008 (almost Memorial Day) to Monday, September 1, 2008 (Labor Day). We are calling our group Surviving Summer...and we'll do it together.

Summertime is such a hard time of year, at least I find it to be, to eat right and healthy with all the yummy summer treats...BBQ's, ice cream, clam cakes and chowder (hey, I'm from Rhode Island), and the list goes on and on.

So, we can survive summer....together, with this weekly weigh in. Monday to Monday. I will post at 10am every Monday in the Motivation and Support boards. Just starting weight, that weeks weight, weight loss/gain, and maybe some tips on what went well for you that week...or maybe some new food that was easy to make and helped....I don't know, I'm new at this so I will have to wing it.

I say 10am on Mondays, but it may be a little after...I'm doing it from work, and you know how work goes...but I will definitely post.

Hope to have a great group turn out. We can do this together!!!!

Kristen

Replies

• lannilou
    lannilou Posts: 39
    Options
    A group of us have decided to start a weight loss challenge that will run from Monday, May 19, 2008 (almost Memorial Day) to Monday, September 1, 2008 (Labor Day). We are calling our group Surviving Summer...and we'll do it together.

Summertime is such a hard time of year, at least I find it to be, to eat right and healthy with all the yummy summer treats...BBQ's, ice cream, clam cakes and chowder (hey, I'm from Rhode Island), and the list goes on and on.

So, we can survive summer....together, with this weekly weigh in. Monday to Monday. I will post at 10am every Monday in the Motivation and Support boards. Just starting weight, that weeks weight, weight loss/gain, and maybe some tips on what went well for you that week...or maybe some new food that was easy to make and helped....I don't know, I'm new at this so I will have to wing it.

I say 10am on Mondays, but it may be a little after...I'm doing it from work, and you know how work goes...but I will definitely post.

Hope to have a great group turn out. We can do this together!!!!

Kristen
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    yay summer :drinker: see you monday!
  • lannilou
    Options
    yes, you will!!!:tongue:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    woot woot!! I am ready to be sheddy. :bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    It's already logged into my Outlook Calender! Psyched!

Good luck to us all!!!
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Asiahaze
    Asiahaze Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    AM STROKED SEE U ON MONDAY.:bigsmile: :smile:
  • FitnHealthyGal
    FitnHealthyGal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm In!!! :smile:
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yaaaay, my first challenge on MFP. I'll be joinin'! :tongue:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! :bigsmile:
  • mariza
    mariza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    me too....:wink:
  • kwill23
    kwill23 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm in too!!!!
  • Liana25
    Liana25 Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm in!!! :smile:
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    Count me in! I have to look hot pool side in Vegas!!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look at everybody that's joining!!! That's awesome!

P.S. I'm in too.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Ok, count me in, I want to be to my goal by Sept 1st anyway, thats my 35th birthday!!!!
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I want to play too My first challenge. Kinda not wanting to post my start weight - too big of number but seeing it get smaller will inspire???
  • luvs2havefun
    Options
    I'm in!!!!
  • lannilou
    Options
    and ill be adding you all as friends so in case you dont post for a while i can check up and see if everything is okay....:blushing:
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i'm in too!!:flowerforyou: