The shave-point

Options
Aaron_K123
Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
I've noticed something on the MFP forums but not just on the forums, everywhere I seem to turn on the internet it is there.

Once men hit a certain level of fitness where they are lean and have fairly muscled physiques their body hair just dissapears. Is it that when you go below a certain percent bodyfat and above a certain percent muscle mass your body re-absorbs your hair for nutrients?

I wouldn't be so confused by this if it didn't seem to be true 100% of the time. I mean find a shirtless-guy pic on here where the guy is lean and muscled but yet still has body hair. It is like an impossible quest.

I fear that if I keep this up I will wake up one day hairless.

Replies

• sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    when I get to that point, I will post a pic of my burly chest and abs just for you. k?
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    h62DFCB80

gave-up-shaving-halfway-through-72173.jpg

Thought these would be relevant.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I like when somebody obviously Qballed before, but got lazy and let it grow out and it's in a totally unnatural state of regrowth but not yet hairy....
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What is the point of being below 8% bodyfat if there is a layer of hair covering the definition. being ultra lean is not enjoyable, it's not fun, it's not even healthy....but it looks good.

Body definition is much more visible when shaved. It's fun to see spider web veins in the mirror during a workout. It looks cool. That's it. /shrug
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    What is the point of being below 8% bodyfat if there is a layer of hair covering the definition. being ultra lean is not enjoyable, it's not fun, it's not even healthy....but it looks good.

Body definition is much more visible when shaved. It's fun to see spider web veins in the mirror during a workout. It looks cool. That's it. /shrug

your self awareness is scaring my right now...
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    This explains why my legs are ALWAYS hairy. Oh well, why screw with nature? I'll just let them continue to be hairy until I get to my goal weight.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    h62DFCB80

gave-up-shaving-halfway-through-72173.jpg

Thought these would be relevant.

you know what I take away from this...

his belt buckle is off center.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Shaving shows the definition better. In bodybuilding competitions shaving is a requirement.