I'm tired of sweet potatoes, any idea on sub?

Options
oinkerjnn
oinkerjnn Posts: 85 Member
I'm not doing a crazy no carb thing (2/1 protein/carb ratio daily), but I don't really like grains. I eat tons of sweet potatoes.

What's a good sub? I do acorn and butternut squash in the fall and winter but they don't feel like summer veggies. Quinoa is boring, my wife hates rice, and I don't like pasta. Some pretty tough first world problems here, I know. Any suggestions?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    regular old potatoes...
  • mrastaffordML
    Options
    Cauliflower, Jicama, Yuca, Turnips.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I second white potatoes.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Well how are you eating your sweet potatos? maybe you could just change them up....like sweet potato fries

I cant think of any other change up ( due to my limited variety other than what you already mentioned.)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    White potatos, carrots, corn, peas, cous cous. I know you say you don't like butternut squash in summer but I do love it roasted cooled and in a salad with baby spinach, pine nuts and feta/goat's cheese
  • oinkerjnn
    oinkerjnn Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^
    That salad sounds delicious I'm going to give it a try. The "4 for $4" butternut squash salad at whole foods is also delicious.

I don't really like white potatoes unless they are in tater tot form.

I do them baked 80% of the time, baked as fries 20% of the time. Read a great trick to toss with one teaspoon of cornstarch pre bake it crisps them up very nicely.

I'm the kind of person that can eat the same thing day after day, so its not that big a deal, just looking for other options, and it looks like I have them now.