Sports Bras

Options
124»

Replies

• 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    LAT1963 wrote: »
    Sports bra as an undergarment. A good quality sports bra shouldn't mean wearing 2 bras (although I know some ladies who would say otherwise due to size etc)

I'm 'well endowed' and highly recommend Lululemon for sports bras. Especially the TaTa Tamer. Pricey but definitely worth it. 1.5 years of hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, swimming and these babies lasted the entire time - longer actually.

A good investment to ensure proper support! Plus they look great for when a shirt does come off for any reason.... like that one time I fell off a low ropes course and my shirt got ripped off...

I'm still too fat to buy from Lululemon, and have a philosophical objection to spending money at a store whose CEO publicly stated that only women with a thigh gap are worthy of his clothes.

At the moment I'm a 38DD bra size but I'm hoping as I lose weight that my proportions will change so that I can fit a band/cup combo with a single D or smaller, just because it is easier to find bras in C or D than in DD.

I wear a 38DD (transitioning down to a 36DD, but I'm making the 38s work as long as I can). I wear only 1 bra at a time--a good bra should support and cover completely. I normally wear a tank top over the top. The bra peeks out a little sometimes, but it just looks like another layer. I certainly wouldn't normally take off my tank top, but if someone needed it as a tourniquet or something, I wouldn't be ashamed of what was showing. ;)

I really like Champion DuoDry from Target and Moving Comfort (the full coverage, DD cup size models) brands.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Under clothes,can change my shirt in the middle of the gym now though,that's as far as i get . ( when ladies won't let locker room free soon!)
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm not skinny enough yet to wear it on it's own but eventually I could see myself wearing it solo. Currently a lot of my workout tops are semi see through so you can sort of see the pretty sports bra I have on. I'm not well endowed (and getting less and less as I lose weight haha) so I don't really have to worry about any bouncing around or anything.
  • ghartleroad1
    ghartleroad1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Undergarment, definitely. Two reasons for me - 1) my tummy is my problem area and 2) I work & workout at a university, so I'm regularly running into my students at the gym. :o I too am anti-Lululemon for how they shot themselves in the head, are too overpriced, and wouldn't fit my friend when she started working out (& probably still don't even though she's lost 50lbs)!

Anyway, back to your topic I'm a huge fan of Title Nine bras. They are categorized not only by size, but level of support you seek as well as features. While costly the only reason I had to buy more after a year was I shrunk - not that they wore out. Started out in a 38D/36DD and am now down to at 34D. I could run all day in those and never "bounce" or be in pain. Plus, they have a one year return policy!
  • KenziesFrenzies
    KenziesFrenzies Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    It's all personal preference and what you're comfortable with. :)

If you bought a cute sports bra and feel good wearing it by itself, go for it!
    I don't think there are any sports bras that were "meant" as outerwear or underwear, people just do what they want. (I mean, if you saw an actual regular bra with a cute print, that doesn't necessarily mean it's meant to be outerwear, right?)

If I had a flat toned tummy, you bet your butt I'd be wearing my sports bra out by itself. Sports bras are awesome. B)
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    When I've finished working on my 6-pack (ahem, there may be a little way to go ;) ), I'll be perfectly comfortable running outside in my sports bra if it's a hot day. Most of the girls in my training group do, once they're warmed up. We don't need that much support though (we're all endurance runners) so we tend to wear those crop-top pull-on bras rather than the ones with fastenings. It would feel weirder to be out in just a bra if it had hooks and things for some reason (even though the coverage would be the same).
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I wear mine as an under garment with a compression vest over it and then a slightly looser top over that cos my stomach needs its own support system, the loose skin has a life of its own after losing 12 stone :(
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It's less about showing skin than it is about getting your sweat everywhere, IMO. If you have a shirt on over you sports bra it will soak up at least some of the sweat you might otherwise be leaving on any equipment or mats you put your back or stomach up against. I assume you also use a towel, but sometimes they slip off the equipment, aren't big enough, etc.
  • moondrake
    moondrake Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    spfldpam wrote: »
    I guess I just haven't found the right sports bra yet. Every one I have tried on isn't as supportive as my regular bra so I just wear a reg wired bra. My test is when I try on a sports bra I run in place in the fitting room. I've tried alot of styles and price points so far and can't a good supportive one.
    Any suggestions? I wear a 36 D.
    Thanks!

I'm a 38DD. I like Champion style 6209 sports bras. They have under wires and give good and comfortable support for the moderate exercise that I do. They also have bra-style clasp back closures rather than the wiggle in method.
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    It's less about showing skin than it is about getting your sweat everywhere, IMO. If you have a shirt on over you sports bra it will soak up at least some of the sweat you might otherwise be leaving on any equipment or mats you put your back or stomach up against. I assume you also use a towel, but sometimes they slip off the equipment, aren't big enough, etc.

I don't use a towel but the YMCA provides a spray bottle and paper towels. I generally wipe down equipment before and after I use it (because some people just don't do it at all--ew!)