Switching to a plant based diet

Options
Derpes
Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
I am switching over to a plant based diet....

Meaning that everything that I eat must be made in a food processing plant.

Any suggestions on what I should eat?

Replies

• U_R_my_Sunshine
    U_R_my_Sunshine Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Might I suggest Deviled Ham. Yummy!! (gag)
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I have something you can eat?

:laugh:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    snickers.jpg
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    ha. I read "planet based diet"

First breakfast shall be Mercury...

Pluto is free now because it's no longer a planet...
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    you should join the MFP vegetarian or vegan community. if you post questions or comments in the general message board, like the above posters have already done, you will just get pictures of steak. or bittermost creepy sarcasm. Ive been vegetarian for 25 years and direct all comments and questions about that topic away from general board and to the couminity group only.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    you should join the MFP vegetarian or vegan community. if you post questions or comments in the general message board, like the above posters have already done, you will just get pictures of steak. or bittermost creepy sarcasm. Ive been vegetarian for 25 years and direct all comments and questions about that topic away from general board and to the couminity group only.

wut?

34q9ycn.gif
  • Derpes
    Options
    Cat_sandwich.jpg
  • hyperchase
    hyperchase Posts: 13
    Options
    Honest question, what are the most popular sources of protein for vegans/vegetarians?
  • lna_1981
    lna_1981 Posts: 696 Member
    Options

I believe that they didn't read your post

Shame on them :laugh:
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

What plant do the foods you eat come from? Like a power plant, or a physical plant?

OP - if you're limiting yourself to processing plant-based diet, you're missing out on a lot of plant based foods. I hear 3-headed eel near the former Fukushima Plant can be a great addition to a plant-based diet.
  • Derpes
    Options

I believe that they didn't read your post

Shame on them :laugh:

+1
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

4772296+_85661bc5cb4287941a875b70565a4750.jpg
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going to answer seriously. (boring, I know)

Hemp protein powder and quinoa were the first two that came to my mind.

Here's a list of protein sources (skip down to the vegan options):
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources