GRAPHIC PHOTOS of a 69 year woman in a swimsuit.

Options

Replies

• CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very inspiring! You rock!!!
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    The happiness on your face says it all! You rule, ma'am! :)
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    You look great.. Congrats on all the hard work!
  • gardnerkennedy
    gardnerkennedy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey nice going, and what a great story!
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Amazing changes and amazing progress. Know what I like best about all your pictures, though? You are ALWAYS smiling! No wonder you're such a success!
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Love your desire to succeed and that smile says it all! Well done, ma'am, Well done! :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you are shrinking! I'm always happy to see pictures of normal, non-supermodel women in bathing suits. We forget what normal people look like sometimes.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed by your weight loss but even more by your self-confidence. Congratulations!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I am so glad that so many of you find inspiration in the progress and story of an old lady. Many folks look at MFP as a site for young folks and people dedicated to working out. I do NOT fit into that model of the MFP member.

I am a representative of the older crowd on MFP, many of whom are not physically able to do a whole lot. Damaged bodies may limit our ability to do some of the more strenuous activity of the gym, even outdoor sports and activities. However, that doesn't mean that we can't lose weight, find 'comfortable' physical activities and even be a real part of MFP. We can even inspire and give wisdom from our own life experiences (both good and bad) to the wonderful, younger folks on MFP. After all, I represent "what they might be in the future"...both good and bad.

To the youngsters...Don't let your life become dedicated to food and carry pounds of fat around with you that can keep you from being all that you would want to be. Don't wait, until you are in your senior years to wake up to the reality that you replaced real happiness for eating day and night through the best years of your life.

To the old timers...Use my example of weight loss, instead of using excuses (i.e. "I'm too old to start another diet.", "It is too hard to lose weight after menopause.", "I don't belong in a swimsuit at my age.", "What difference will it make. It's TOO LATE to change who I am.", and "I have too many physical problems." These excuses all occurred to me...BUT...I still decided to..."AT LEAST TRY TO LOSE SOME WEIGHT."

I set small goals and found success. I did what I could physically, even in a wheelchair, until I didn't need the wheelchair anymore. I kept coming back to MFP and made so many friends who encouraged me every day. Most importantly, I was honest about my food; and I didn't get discouraged and give up, when I would hit an occasional plateau. Slow but steady (like the tortoise) has worked for me. :wink:
    [/quote

You are so right!!!! Congratulations on your success and good luck with your future plans. You can do it and I know that you will.
  • BeccaJane_x_
    BeccaJane_x_ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look blimmin' amazin. WELL DONE! :smile:
  • SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats - such an inspiration! The smile you wear truly shows the joy you have found on the inside. That is something no one can take from you! Here's to many more years of success and health.
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I love you! As a woman pushing 60, you are such an inspiration to me personally. The weight loss is impressive for sure. But your confidence to rock that suit is magnificent! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • dawngon1
    dawngon1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Love seeing the smile on your face. That says it all. All the hard work you have done has been so totally worth it! Congratulations!
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow. Almost teared up here at work. Congratulations on all of your hard work and dedication. And kuddos on sharing your photos. So much to be proud of! Very inspirational!
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    The joy is so evident in your new photos--you are inspiring to me! I'm 53 years old and have talked myself out of buying a swimsuit every flipping year. I admire you just for getting into one, let alone having photos taken in one! Bless you. :happy:
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    The joy is so evident in your new photos--you are inspiring to me! I'm 53 years old and have talked myself out of buying a swimsuit every flipping year. I admire you just for getting into one, let alone having photos taken in one! Bless you. :happy:

Go get yourself a swimsuit, Sis. I just got another one yesterday. I am heading for the pool this hour. It feels so good to be in the water. There is so much joy and freedom in swimming. :happy:
  • nowucme
    nowucme Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! I adore you. :flowerforyou:
  • lindacallaway
    lindacallaway Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted pics yet...but I will when I figure it out! I just turned 55, July 31st, and I've just started my journey to get healthy. Seeing your success gives me hope and inspires me. As you know, the older you get the harder it is to lose...so take heed young ladies...get healthy while you're young...and stay that way.

Thanks for posting the pics, I resemble the first ones...255lbs, 100+ to lose.

Keep up the good work...celebrate life...:flowerforyou: