Nothing to do with MFP..............

Options
Hello,

I was told a story tonight at work (I am a Bartender at a milatary mess) So anyhow the story goes......this guy is telling me that he has been bit by a horse. A flippen horse. He said it has happened at least 5 times.

SERIOUSLY has anyone else been bit by a HORSE? Sure horse have teeth but who knew they bite?!!!

Replies

• aigéan
    Options
    Is this a joke....?
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yeah, my aunts own about 15 Arabian and Quarter horses and I grew up around horses. A couple of my aunts horses are feisty and like to "nip" people. They have some powerful jaws and it can hurt when they bite. It's not a common thing, but every once in a while you find a cranky horse that likes to bite.
  • JForbrizzio
    Options
    A guy in my town had his ear bitten off, off his farking head, by his horse. He was feeding the thing and it just leaned over the stall door and chomped at it.

That's why I hate horses. You can train them to do pretty amazing things, but they're still skittish as heck and will not hesitate to kick you in the gut. Stupid prey animals.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah.
    The horse I had when I was a girl was a biter...I couldn't even count the number of times she nipped me while I was grooming her.
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow someone is horse hating here? They are pretty skitish which is kind of weird since they're awfully huge and their skittishness to size ratio is way off. But horses bite pretty frequently. Not a pretty sigh or feeling as I understand. My uncle has a horse farm and has been the recipient of quite a few love bites (and some not so lovely bites).
  • Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke....?

No someone told me they had been bit by a horse and I wanted to see if anyone knew of horses biting. Its the first time I have heard of this.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have been bit, kicked and stepped on and even run over after I fell off. Owe a lot of bruises to my horses but i still love them!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I know a lot of horses and some are nippy and cantankerous.
    I was bit on the boob by a pony once. That's something I'll never forget. Seriously!

(you can stop laughing now! ) :tongue:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of horses and some are nippy and cantankerous.
    I was bit on the boob by a pony once. That's something I'll never forget. Seriously!

(you can stop laughing now! ) :tongue:

ROFL! Girl, you crack me up! I actually wasn't laughing until I read "you can stop laughing now". And for some reason that coupled with the mental image of you getting nipped in the tatas just got me rolling! Too funny! :D