America's Next Top Model!

Options
GinaB30
GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
Don't read if you don't know who won!

I was excited to see that WHITNEY won! =o)
I've been rooting for her! A girl with some meat on her bones, takes ANTM! That rocks =o)
I loved how one of the judges put it at the very end

"This shouldn't be called 'plus sized' it should just be called beautiful!"

AMEN!
=o)
You know, I didn't get my way with Big Brother OR Survivor, but FINALLY I got through to that bloody TV
LMAO
And thinking perhaps I watch too much reality stuff! =oP

Replies

• GinaB30
    Options

I've been rooting for her! A girl with some meat on her bones, takes ANTM! That rocks =o)

AMEN!
    =o)
    You know, I didn't get my way with Big Brother OR Survivor, but FINALLY I got through to that bloody TV
    LMAO
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I can't for the life of me understand how SHE is plus sized. It's annoying. That isn't what I call plus size. :grumble:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I completely agree i'm really happy she won to, she represents all the normal women in the world!!

That is the first time a "plus size" model has ever won, and I think she looked the best wearing the versace dress, she actually had a figure to show the dress of, all the other girls the dress just "hung" off their body.

Go Whitney :drinker: :happy:
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I know!!! I'm so happy she won! I screamed lol. She's beautiful and totally deserved it.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

AMEN!
    =o)
    LMAO
    Hey I love big brother who did you want to win?
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I am happy that she won too. However, I am a little annoyed at her being referred to as a "plus size". She is not. She is a size 8-10 which is not considered a "plus size". I believe plus sizes start at size 14. Plus, I think the average sized american woman is a size 12.
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    "Plus- sized" in modeling doesn't mean the same size as in the "regular world". "Plus sized" in modeling is a size 6 or above. Ridiculous I know, but they said that in one of the early ANTM cycles.

Just thought it is a helpful thing to know that in modeling regular really means emaciated and plus sized means everyone else.

:smooched:

I was so happy Whitney won and I hope she has a great career and encourages some of the "normal" models to eat a bit. She was on Regis and Kelly this morning and she said that right before the Versace fashion show she was eating lunch and all the models were drooling and staring at her lunch.

I think we should give those models an MFP account!
  • spartysue
    spartysue Posts: 29
    Options
    :happy: Hooray!! So glad Whitney won! Now, if we can get the magazines and clothing catalogs to get a clue. I am rather tired of browsing the "plus size" catalogs and seeing only thin women wearing the clothes. Some of the styles are ridiculous! But it really would be helpful to see what the clothing would look like on a 'normal' sized model. Can anyone "out there" make any suggestions? I am a 22-24, AND 6' tall! I have been pretty limited to Lane B. and not all that thrilled with the choices! I would love to find some longer tops that actually fall BELOW my waist!
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :happy: Hooray!! So glad Whitney won! Now, if we can get the magazines and clothing catalogs to get a clue. I am rather tired of browsing the "plus size" catalogs and seeing only thin women wearing the clothes. Some of the styles are ridiculous! But it really would be helpful to see what the clothing would look like on a 'normal' sized model. Can anyone "out there" make any suggestions? I am a 22-24, AND 6' tall! I have been pretty limited to Lane B. and not all that thrilled with the choices! I would love to find some longer tops that actually fall BELOW my waist!

I agree I work for an online/catalog company that sells designer clothes and I think it is so stupid that they have tiny little models modeling the plus size clothes.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to watch it (the man wanted to watch The Big Lebowski - which I love equally), but I'm SOOOO glad Whitney won. She's super cute and wanted it bad!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    If she is plus sized, then i'm as big as a house! :laugh:
  • GinaB30
    Options

AMEN!
    =o)
    LMAO
    Hey I love big brother who did you want to win?

LOL Well, NOT Adam...he just clung to people..his *game* was lacking, even if he did win...he bugged me some times...I think that I would have rather had Ryan win out of the two of them.
  • GinaB30
    Options
    If she is plus sized, then i'm as big as a house! :laugh:

Meeee too LOL
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I perfered Ryan to win too. He unfairly lost cause of the whole Jen thing. Oh well.. another season coming in JUly:drinker:
    12595.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter