Calorie counter on Foods added

Options
Hi, I don't know if someone's posted this up yet or not but I've noticed that some of the food items that people have added don't have the correct calorie values as people are putting kilojoules instead of calorie amounts? I had to post potato chips that I ate and after checking the back of the pack, the entry on here had the exact kj rather than cals.

Just wondering if others have had this problem before?

And just checking, if we were to convert them to cals, is it kj / 4.2? I got this calculation of another website so I just wanted clarification.

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Anything that has been "user added' to the database should be double checked before you rely on it (unless it's really not that important at the moment)

People enter things wrong accidentally, just guess at times, change things to suit what they are tracking (maybe they were tracking kilojoules when they entered the food you saw instead of calories) and sometimes it's just that the manufacturer has changed the serving size or recipe thus changing the nutritional values.
  • SandyBaldwin
    SandyBaldwin Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have found with say, Wonder White Toast bread that the stored calories are very different to the what the bread bag says.
  • jsavy
    jsavy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Found this quite often and thought I was the only one that noticed it!