Diary of a Compulsive Overeater - Day 30

Options
ellelit
ellelit Posts: 806 Member
Well yesterday went well. I was not nearly as hungry as i was the day before, so that is definitely a good sign. I think having more filling snacks throughout the day helped. Here is what i ate:

breakfast:
1 cup oatmeal
1 banana
4 timbits (donut holes)

snack:
1 yogurt
mini carrots
22 almonds

Lunch:
2.5oz of lean pork, stirfried with red peppers and broccoli, served with 1 cup rice and a bit of stir fry sauce.
1 small yogurt

snack:
1 apple sauce
1 natural cheese stick
1 wasa cracker
cucumber slices

Supper:
2 cups whole wheat pasta with 1.5 italian sausages, 1/4 red pepper and spagetti sauce, little bit of parmesan
½ cup skim milk

bad snacks: 4 "riesens"

I know i had a couple cheats, but all in all it was a good day for me. I haven’t had a binge day since Sunday. 3 days, i think that is a record for me lol. tonight i am going to try something new and see how it goes... eat only a ½ portion of my usual steak rice and gravy dinner. Here is the plan for today:

Breakfast:
1 bacon breakfast bagel on a sesame bagel with 1 strip bacon, 1 egg, little bit of cheese, tomato and homemade mayo
½ big cookie

Snack:
½ big cookie

Lunch:
2 cups whole wheat pasta with 1.5 italian sausages, 1/4 red pepper and spagetti sauce, little bit of parmesan

Snack:
1 banana
1 small yogurt
22 almonds

Supper:
2 cups of rice
150 g of steak
2 mushrooms
½ can of Mushroom sauce

So i am looking forward to today. this will be the first time ever i have eaten this little for my twice-weekly steak dinner night. I am only going to cook ½ the steak and save it for Saturday. Normally i have this dinner on Wednesdays and Saturdays, so i figure if i must eat it (which i must) i’ll only eat half as much. This will also save me money as the steak i buy is easily 10-12 dollars. (prime rib or ny strip, baby.)

So i am gearing up for the half marathon i am walking on june 8. The training is going fine, but my hip and my knee on my left leg are killing me. Another bad thing is i’m getting my wisdom teeth out in a week and a half, just before the race, so hopefully i’m well enough to walk it. If not i’m going to bail out, but that’s not a big deal because it is unlikely that i could finish it anyhow.

So here is to today... i’m extremely tired, from not getting any sleep because of my hip and knee, but i’m going to try to push through today 

Replies

• ellelit
    Options
    Well yesterday went well. I was not nearly as hungry as i was the day before, so that is definitely a good sign. I think having more filling snacks throughout the day helped. Here is what i ate:

breakfast:
    1 cup oatmeal
    1 banana
    4 timbits (donut holes)

snack:
    1 yogurt
    mini carrots
    22 almonds

Lunch:
    2.5oz of lean pork, stirfried with red peppers and broccoli, served with 1 cup rice and a bit of stir fry sauce.
    1 small yogurt

snack:
    1 apple sauce
    1 natural cheese stick
    1 wasa cracker
    cucumber slices

Supper:
    ½ cup skim milk

bad snacks: 4 "riesens"

I know i had a couple cheats, but all in all it was a good day for me. I haven’t had a binge day since Sunday. 3 days, i think that is a record for me lol. tonight i am going to try something new and see how it goes... eat only a ½ portion of my usual steak rice and gravy dinner. Here is the plan for today:

Breakfast:
    1 bacon breakfast bagel on a sesame bagel with 1 strip bacon, 1 egg, little bit of cheese, tomato and homemade mayo
    ½ big cookie

Snack:
    ½ big cookie

Lunch:

Snack:
    1 banana
    1 small yogurt
    22 almonds

Supper:
    2 cups of rice
    150 g of steak
    2 mushrooms
    ½ can of Mushroom sauce

So i am looking forward to today. this will be the first time ever i have eaten this little for my twice-weekly steak dinner night. I am only going to cook ½ the steak and save it for Saturday. Normally i have this dinner on Wednesdays and Saturdays, so i figure if i must eat it (which i must) i’ll only eat half as much. This will also save me money as the steak i buy is easily 10-12 dollars. (prime rib or ny strip, baby.)

So i am gearing up for the half marathon i am walking on june 8. The training is going fine, but my hip and my knee on my left leg are killing me. Another bad thing is i’m getting my wisdom teeth out in a week and a half, just before the race, so hopefully i’m well enough to walk it. If not i’m going to bail out, but that’s not a big deal because it is unlikely that i could finish it anyhow.

So here is to today... i’m extremely tired, from not getting any sleep because of my hip and knee, but i’m going to try to push through today 
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    So how do you feel a month into this. I've noticed a lot less cheats going on!! WOOT! :smile:
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Congradulations you look like your doing very well :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work
  • ellelit
    Options
    i feel good a month in.... i had a few rough weeks in the middle, but it seems like i am getting things on track. the cravings that used to be uncontrollable are subsiding. it will be interesting to see what happends this weekend though, as it is going to be hot, and a long weekend. i am thinking of trying to get out for the weekend so i dont sit around and eat. hopefully on monday my weight will be down, because i have been pretty good this week.
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    Congratulations! I had my wisdom teeth out and it was one of the best surgeries I ever had because it wasn't too painful.

Right when I got out of the surgery I held ice packs on both cheeks and my face didn't swell at all. They told me I would look like a chipmunk but the ice totally prevented that.

Just a helpful tip! Good luck!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    :flowerforyou: you have made so many improvements in the past 30 days! You should be very proud of how you have done so far. I know there are lots of us that are proud of you.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Your dedication to this process is inspiring, amazing, exciting and, I know, at times difficult for you. I have to believe that your dedication to documenting your meals and sharing the emotions tied to eatting each day will be your ultimate success!

Keep up the great work, I love reading your posts!

:heart: