Old lady finishes 30DS in 30 days

Options
I am so happy--and I see that there are a few 30 Day Shred groups here.
I'm 61 and the nearest gym is at least 45 min away--so I do everything at home.
I finished the 30 day shred today in 30 days--no misses. In addition I did at least 30 min of something else--walking outside (with hills) riding my horse (dressage) biking. If I felt sore i'd pop in a dvd--like walk away the pounds 2 milers. I also do tai chi everyday and yoga most days.
This worked for me--I feel stronger than before and plan on keeping the 30DS in my rotation--especially level 2. I could do everything in level I, the plyo moves just aren't worth the risk to my joints so for plank jacks I did jumping jacks, squat thrusts I did high knees and mountain climbers I did standing mountain climbers. I'm still working on doing the strength moves in level3.
So I hope everyone on the various groups keeps on working, you'll feel great at the end.

Replies

• 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    There's nothing "old" about what you are doing. You ROCK!!:smokin: :bigsmile:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hey so inspirational! GREAT JOB!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    congrats! well done.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    appreciate the tips on your substitutions--thanks!
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    61 is the new 31 dontcha know.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    you put me to shame!!! 30 day shred kicked my butt, I stopped on day 4 and need to restart it!! ( in my defense, I am doing a bootcamp class 3 x's a week too - cardio and lifting for 60 minutes ) :bigsmile:

way to go!! you are doing awesome!!!!:drinker:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! (And I'm jealous of your horse time, as my horse is 12 hours away ... :sad: )

You're awesome!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful. I am 56 and have a hard time with some of the moves due to my joints. great to see they can be modified.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! :bigsmile: Way to stay in shape!

You definitely rock!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your support. At first I was just using MFP to track my calories and exercise, I didn't even know about 30DS until I read about it here.
    If I can do this--you all can do anything you put your mind to.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!:flowerforyou: I'm just coming to the end of level one and its been really tough!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! :drinker:
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    You are so inspiring! Thank you for sharing your story. I'm 32 and did the 30DS this summer and loved it! I've been trying to get my mom (who's 62) to workout and she just feels too old, and like she isn't capable of pushing herself. I sent her your story for some inspiration and proof that you can get fit at any age. Thank you :)
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    You certainly put me to shame. I tried doing and haven't gotten past day 5 (in my defence, I am in my busiest period of the year and haven't done any exercises in about a week).

Love your modifications as I have RA and usually need to change things up to protect my knees. Congrats on your success.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Just ran across this, great job!!!