Painting my kitchen

TheNewJessieMae
TheNewJessieMae Posts: 767
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Would you wear your HRM while painting? What if I take breaks? How would you log it if you wouldn't wear it........... I'm going to be up and down on ladders and stuff. Not a HUGE kitchen but it will be work to paint around my new cabinets and to paint the ceiling and stuff.

Replies

• I'd probably put it under heavy cleaning or something. I imagine mopping/vacuuming and painting burn similar calories.. If you wear your HRM, make sure to cover it if it's a wrist one, so you don't get paint on it!! :) Have fun painting!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    I didn't have my HRM when I painted.
    I painted my daughters bedroom, the spare room, upstairs hallway, down the stairs, downstairs hallway, living room and kitchen. in less than a week and had the 24-hour flu in there as well. Makes me wonder what the calorie burn was.
  • I'd probably put it under heavy cleaning or something. I imagine mopping/vacuuming and painting burn similar calories.. If you wear your HRM, make sure to cover it if it's a wrist one, so you don't get paint on it!! :) Have fun painting!

That's a GREAT Idea!!! Thank you!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Personally I'd wear it the entire time. You're burning calories whether you're active for that moment or not. You could then either a) compare your result to whatever it says for heavy housecleaning for the same duration and report the average or b) create a custom entry and log the result your HRM says.

Enjoy the painting!
    Sharon
This discussion has been closed.