New to Group!!!

Options
Hello everyone,
I joined the group a week ago and so far I've lost 3 lbs. I spent most of the week reading all the posts and finally decided to introduce myself. After the birth of my twin daughters my eating habits became pretty bad. They have a very rare medical condition that forces us to spend much of our time in hosptials and at long distance dr. appts. Fast food is what I lived off of. They are 18 mths old now and things are starting to become normal. I know that the weight I've put on is no longer "baby fat" it's just plan FAT. So I've decided to do something for myself. I'm eating healthier than I ever have and trying to fit more activity into my already hectic life. I do have one question though - has anyone ever done a cleansing before? You know-those pills or drinks to flush out your digestive system. If so, what did you use and where did you get it? Sorry for all the questions!

Replies

• adore217
    adore217 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I joined the group a week ago and so far I've lost 3 lbs. I spent most of the week reading all the posts and finally decided to introduce myself. After the birth of my twin daughters my eating habits became pretty bad. They have a very rare medical condition that forces us to spend much of our time in hosptials and at long distance dr. appts. Fast food is what I lived off of. They are 18 mths old now and things are starting to become normal. I know that the weight I've put on is no longer "baby fat" it's just plan FAT. So I've decided to do something for myself. I'm eating healthier than I ever have and trying to fit more activity into my already hectic life. I do have one question though - has anyone ever done a cleansing before? You know-those pills or drinks to flush out your digestive system. If so, what did you use and where did you get it? Sorry for all the questions!
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you

I hope the best for your twin girls :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    My youngest is turning 3 and I was using the same excuse. Not anymore. This site is so helpful at getting you motivated, it's uplifting and sometimes you get some pretty good belly laughs.

All the best for your twins.

:flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    hiya! Welcome to MFP! glad to have you :smile:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Nope never done pills for cleansing. Tried herbalife when I started here but gave it up and just used willpower and hard work. Hope you enjoy the site as much as I have. All my kids have grown up so I have lots of time to work at it lol. Good luck with the twins, I'll bet they are the cutest.
  • beautifulbay
    beautifulbay Posts: 159
    Options
    Hi!
    Yes, my husband and I did the de-tox cleansing, it went for a week. We had to drink a solution each day, we called it our "swamp water", because that's what it looked like...and take a pill. It did make us feel a lot better afterwards...you just felt more energetic, and we plan on doing it again.
    Best word of warning... be ready for day 2!! After the first day, our bodies responded feeling like we had hang overs...headaches big time...and tired...this is because the toxins are leaving your body ... you're being flushed, and your body is reacting to it....so if you do one, plan on being at home for day 2 ... it will go one for a few hours .... then you'll feel fine....at least, that's how it was for us.
    Good luck...I bet your girls are adorable