diastasis recti

Options
I have been riding my stationary bike 4 days a week, steadily for just over a month. I have lost a few pounds, and I see changes in my hips and legs, and waist to some extent. BUT, the problem is my belly. I have diastasis recti from my pregancies. It is not a terribly bad case of it, but but none the less, it makes me look a couple months pregnant, especially as the other parts around it start to tighten up a bit. I am aware that sit-ups are a huge no-no, as they will make it worse. Anyone else with this experience. Are there exercises that actually work? Or if I keep up the cardio, will it shrink down as well? Anyone else dealing with this? Anyone have any success stories with how to deal with it?

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8 inches in my tummy - all from cardio. I have not measured in the last month - so that was June to October. I do do some strength training too - but mostly cardio!
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/223510-exercises-for-diastasis-recti/

read this on Livestrong.com... I have never been pregnant, but I have a belly pooch as though I have been...a tough spot for me...anyway, I have been looking for different exercises from just the traditional crunches. Hope this helps!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Start C25K (www.coolrunning.com)

Running uses every muscle in our bodies. It's helped me take off at least 10 inches between my legs and gut.