Starting P90X (again) Nov 28....

13»

Replies

• Day 5 Legs & Back / ARX done. I really liked this one. It was hard and I burned a lot of calories. I'm worried that since I have been eating back some of my exercise calories that I'm gaining weight. :( thought about doing some extra cardio, but that would mean I would have to eat more! Anyone having the same problem?
  • rowerc2
    rowerc2 Posts: 158
    Hello MLB929 - yes, I use a timex HR monitor - best way to track calories burned.

Hello Kobyjack - unfortunately, at least for me, I need to work out and cut calories/eat clean. I could work out 7 days a week and if I don't eat right, I will gain weight.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    kolbyjack - I gained 2-3lbs since I started. I'm following the online meal plan, which is a lot more food than I was consuming. I actually just changed it to lower my calories provided because it simply was just too much. I was down 2lbs today. My coach explained it to me that when you are doing this intense of work, your water retention can be higher as your muscles are keeping it for repair. I know I was so caught off guard. I eat SUPER healthy, I don't do "white" foods, I only have dairy occasionally and limit processed sugars. It's hard this time of year because my clients show up with treats and goodies, my husbands staff brings them as gifts from work and my kids need treats made for school. I am a taste cooker, so sample as I go, which is the hardest thing to do when cooking.

I skipped Kenpo this AM, hoping to get it in after work before the kids Christmas program. Hoping at least, if not - tomorrow was my rest day and i will just swap it for today. I know I've had way lest restful sleep since starting this program, I'm sure it's not connected and just a fluke, hoping it goes away soon.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    mlb929 you are absolutely right about the muscles retaining water. It's not uncommon for weight training at all so don't get discouraged. :happy:
  • rowerc2
    Busy week at work, so not much time to work out, but did Plyo X and ran 3 miles for 1,584 calories burned today.
  • rowerc2
    Tough go with Plyo today - heart rate was hovering at 170 BPM for quite a bit of the workout - but felt great, and nice to be down 9 pounds in 3 weeks, and I hardly worked over the last 7 days, Chest/Back X, Plyo X, and ran for 3 miles on treadmill. Will workout now everyday straight past new years eve.
  • rowerc2
    Shoulders and Arms X, Ran for 3.0 miles, and did Ab Ripper X - and feel great!
  • mlb929
    Week 3 started on Friday.

Did Plyo yesterday - by far my favorite work out. Love it, wish plyo were 2x per week. Then I did X Stretch. I was supposed to run a 10K with my 11yo - but snow and freezing rain kept us from being able to make it to the race. So the extra stretch was just what I needed for stress relief. 11yo did my work out with me, lots of fun.

Today was arms and shoulders and ab ripper x.
  • rowerc2
    Ran another 3.10 miles, and did Cardio X.
  • rowerc2
    Ok - just finished Kenpo X, Legs and Back X, and Ab Ripper X - going into week 4/rest week...
  • mlb929
    I took my rest day a day early and did Kenpo today. It's the first day that I've truly taken off since I started. I'm hoping to get an extra x-stretch in on my plyo day on Saturday. I was starting to worry about muscle fatigue, plus it's been a go/go/go week at work and the holidays I feel bad about the total day off, but am trying to tell myself it's OK. Week 4 starts Friday.

Anyone seeing any real results yet? I'm starting to see abs. But the scale hasn't budged much, it's up and down 1lb daily.
  • rowerc2
    I am starting to see some abs (again), but the weight has been alot slower to come off than compared to last time (last year). I guess a year of being a couch potatoe and eating crappy can do that - the metabolism is starting to pick up.
  • rowerc2
    Ran 3.05 miles in 30 minutes, and did Kenpo X....
  • rowerc2
    Merry Christmas everybody!
  • mlb929
    I started week 4 on Friday. The just cardio is a welcome change. I finally feel that I was not out of my league doing Kenpo today, actually had some sort of rhythm about it, YEAH. I put the HRM on and as hard as I was working disappointed to see around 300 calories only burned, thought I would get more than that. Still trying to figure the HRM out, hoping that is it :)

XStretch tomorrow, would rather start my week with something more intense, may do xstretch tonight and an extra yoga, DH and Kids left on vacation for the week, while I stayed back to work. Looking for extra work outs with them gone.

Rower - glad you are starting to see those abs. I'll step on the body comp scale at the end of week 4 to see exactly where I'm at. I know the scale hasn't moved - up and down a lb per day. We hoping for more but not fretting about it.
  • rowerc2
    Off to DisneyWorld on Thursday for 12 days. Trying to stick to the program and will work out for sure down there - have been sick over the last week (cold and sore throat).
  • rowerc2
    Completed Chest and Back X and Ab Ripper X today...
  • rowerc2
    Due to vacation, etc., basically starting week 5 today and did Chest, Shoulders, Triceps X and Ab Ripper X today burning over 790 calories. In good shape though as I worked out 5 days a week, and ran 30 minutes per day plus either did Chest and Back X, Shoulders and Arms X, or Core Synergistics X....
  • rowerc2
    Down 12 pounds now since late November/10....
This discussion has been closed.