What pysical affects have you noticed during weight loss?

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I may have asked this before, so forgive me if I do. I'm asking everyone here..what physical traits have you noticed during your weight loss journey? I'm more curious in the adominal/stomach area...I noticed I feel my rib muscles up in the front side near my chest..under my boobs..lol and my hip bone..wow..and see an indentation go down to my belly almost. What have you noticed? What should i expect in further weight loss other then measuring every so often?

Replies

• elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    losing the seat padding was a bit of an adjustment, LOL. but the trade off was getting my hip bones back! and i finally was able to deal with an arm injury and start cardio--weights. makes a big difference.
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    my *kitten* and boobs are the first to leave sight lol. god bless buns of steel workouts though
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    My boobs haven't lost any, but I'm not complaining. I like having somewhat busty boobs lol but for my butt..I'd like to have some but not a big butt either.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    we have hip bones?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    I was in the shower soaping up and then I was eek3.gif. I then realized I was feeling my obliques. I can't tell you the last time I felt those.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    I no longer get migraines every day.
    I no longer need a long nap every day. Now I only take 1 or 2 short ones a week.
    My stomach & brain are now friends, telling me when I'm full and when I'm not and telling me when I just have an urge to snack.
    I can do pushups again!!
    The 6 pack I used to have 4 years ago is working its way out of hibernation.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Found my hip bones. One morning I was getting dressed and my hand hit something and realized after a bit of concern that it was actually a rib. Realized that wrists DO have a little bony protrusion on one side.
  • When I lay down, either on my back or my side....I have killer curvy hips. And my husband can't help but to lay a hand on top and comment about liking the curve effect.

Also, I see that I am becoming more "hour glass" like.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    I was in the shower soaping up and then I was eek3.gif. I then realized I was feeling my obliques. I can't tell you the last time I felt those.

That is awesome!

Believe it or not this 327 lb man (I still hope I'm 327 or less) has a distinct ridge in my abdomen when I do setups. Now that may be a mound of fat pushed up by my abs but hey I'll take it. It looks like a meatloaf.

One cool thing I did was walk 5.5 miles without pain or stopping. I knew then I was on my way.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member

That is awesome!

Believe it or not this 327 lb man (I still hope I'm 327 or less) has a distinct ridge in my abdomen when I do setups. Now that may be a mound of fat pushed up by my abs but hey I'll take it. It looks like a meatloaf.

One cool thing I did was walk 5.5 miles without pain or stopping. I knew then I was on my way.
    The eek3.gif is not an exaggeration. It really spooked me at first.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Even though I'm only ten pounds in on my weight loss journey, I'm already noticing that my boobs feel lighter. This is a blessing, since I'm a 36DD. My back is saying halleiluah....*LOL*'

Shannon
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    I lost most of my boobs.....all 4 of them :bigsmile: yeah!
  • MunchkinHawk12
    MunchkinHawk12 Posts: 434 Member
    I am getting my cheek bones back and my clavicle bones are showing too. I can feel my hip bones, but they don't really show. I can tell my butt is getting smaller, but I don't want to lose it too much. The upper portion, or otherwise known as, my lower back is what I really want to go away. I've managed to go down a size in jeans and am hoping to be another size down by Christmas. I haven't lost much weight, but at least lost a lot of inches! :bigsmile:
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    I lost most of my boobs.....all 4 of them :bigsmile: yeah!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My son and I went to a burger biggie where this woman had just the most unimaginable large breasts. I looked at him and said, "Son did you see those breasts? You know there are kids in 3rd world countries starving."
  • For me I just feel like my big stomach is slowly deflating and the rolls are getting smaller. I still have a ways to go, though, before any muscle or bones stick out. : )

And another neat thing I noticed today... whenever I used to walk anywhere with my adult daughter I always had a hard time keeping up with her, and she'd end up ahead of me. Today we were walking for a ways together and I realized that we were staying side by side and I wasn't out of breath and my hips and feet weren't killing me. Progress!
  • Today on my back I felt my shoulder blade a little against my underclothing strap. It has been missing in action for a number of years! Wow.. im really really excited! giddy. hahah
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    No more bloating. WOOT to that!
    no more cramps....
    Definitely never had hip bones before this. Wrists shrank, fingers shrank, band size dropped from a 36 to a 30.. but with it came terrible boobs :/
    Jaw line has been discovered. Probably my favorite thing!
    Can't get my abs to actually individually show.... but i'm not complaining!
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    I found my collar bones! :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.